Saturday, 24 September 2016

Viva Porthcawl Elvis Festival

Even though I had a busy week at work and was looking forward to a low action chilled weekend, we had already unknowingly made plans for the weekend and there was no lazing around.

First there was Saturday: there was the annual Elvis Festival in Porthcawl and then Sunday I wanted to go the first Vegan Welsh Festival in Cardiff. 

A few years ago we were excited to find out about the Elvis Festival in Porthcawl.  Apparently it the world largest Elvis festival.  Its now in its 12th year and of course, D as an Elvis Presley fan just had to attend (and for those of you curious, no there was no Elvis quiff).  

For those of you who have not heard it this event, every September thousands of Elvis Presley fans and impersonators mostly from around the U.K descend upon the Welsh seaside town of Porthcawl in South Wales. During the annual Elvis Festival Porthcawl gets dubbed at Porth Vegas!
Here is when we went to the Elvis Festival in 2014And here are some selected photographs from Saturday. 













I am sharing these with Sunday Snap hosted by JibberJabber UK; and My Sunday Photo hosted by One Dad 3 Girls. 
Click here to see photographs from the Elvis Festival in 2014.

20 comments:

  1. Wow...Looks like a fun time...they forgot the fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, though...and no, I've never had one, not sure the old sum could take it. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes there was a distinct lack of Elvis favourite food that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. How fabulous! I'm not an Elvis fan as such but I was when I was young, I've seen all his films and know most of his songs, I'm just not so obsessive as some fans are..we lived next door to an Elvis fan once and he had the music Blasting all day...you kind of go off it a bit when it's forced on you like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, nor me its my husband who is the fan, but it was fun. Yes agree blasting music of an kind would be a nuisance after a while

      Delete
  3. What a hoot! I would definitely need to dress up to go this! It must be very odd to see so many Elvises everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed odd but good all the Elvis characters and the women dressing up too all 50s style

      Delete
  4. This is great, I have never heard of the Elvis Festival! I need to go, must of been a brilliant day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. it was a good day out, even with the grey skies the rain stayed off though

      Delete
  5. Well I never knew that Elvis was so popular in Wales! What a fun day you must have had! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor did I Amy, but it sure was fun day out and it remained dry weather wise too

      Delete
  6. Wow that looks such fun - great outfits (hope you wore one of those big skirted 50s dresses :-) ) and that sign above the cakes is hilarious. We have an elvis festival in australia - I think it is in New South Wales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. Nah, I didn't actually. So interesting that Australia host the Elvis Festival in NEW South Wales

      Delete
  7. This looks like such a brilliant event, lots of fun

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was interesting, thank you for hosting.

      Delete
  8. Elvis Festival? How fun is that???
    I love the Elvis skirt in the one picture. And the gold jacket!
    And the 50's costumes. What a fun time you must have had =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite fun. Yes the Elvis skirt is amazing,

      Delete
  9. I suspect he will be a superstar forever! What a grand place for photos, especially that great menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly will be a Superstar forever.

      Delete
  10. This looks great. My partner is a huge Elvis fan. I will have to check if he knows about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you commented on my blog post from 2014 Annual Elvis Festival, maybe one for the diary next year

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You