Saturday, 24 September 2016

Chocolate and Plum Cake

The past month, I have been making, baking and eating some variation of Plum Cake, but this is one of the most delicious cakes I have made in a while. 
As much as D likes chocolate, he is not really a fan of chocolate flavoured things but he also adored this too.
The sponge was almost fondant like, perhaps my whipping and whisking made a difference this time.
I am sharing this We Should Cocoa that celebrates  six years of sharing chocolate sweet and savoury recipes; and Bake of the Week hosted by Casa Costello .
For the Chocolate and Plum Cake follow the recipe here, but reduce the flour by 50g and replace it with 50g cocoa powder. 

12 comments:

  1. what a beautiful, beautiful cake... plums and chocolate - great combination x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Dom, it is very kind of you.

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait until we get some more plums from our tree. This cake looks delicious x #BakeoftheWeek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty.Hope you get some more, we are all done.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty cake!!! It sounds delicious. I could eat it almost through the computer haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy, I have a vegan version on the blog too.

      Delete
  4. I'm loving plums at the moment - So easy to pair up with other ingredients yet perfectly transportable as a snack. Brilliant recipe. Thanks so much for joining in with #BakeoftheWeek once again - Great to be back x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so envious of all those plum cakes Shaheen. I take it you have a plum tree? This sounds like a wonderful cake - if only I had some plums! Thank you for sharing it with We Should Cocoa. It seems very fitting on a sixth anniversary to have some of the early participants joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, yes we have a plum tree in the garden very productive unlike the apple and pear tree.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You