Monday, 12 September 2016

Mostly Plum Harvest Monday

A bit like the last time I participated in Harvest Monday I don't have much to share in the way of fresh produce, but what I have harvested I have either eaten or preserved for the months to come. 
I have picked more than this one yellow cherry tomato, a good bowl full in fact (sadly not pictured) - but I like this picture that I just had to share it. 
Still picking some salad greens from the greenhouse and edible flowers from the garden plot. 
The courgettes are beginning to dwindle now.  I made this Stuffed Fantail Courgette stuffed with vegetarian mince.
We came back from our holidays on Saturday and a load of plums were on the ground, bruised, battered that the only place for them was the bin.  Such a shame really, still we have some still hanging on and this means we still have more plum recipes to share, but here are a handful that have made an appearance on my blog already, just in case you've missed it.

I've made a number of Jams known as Jellys in the USA, such as  Plum Cinnamon Jam; Plum and Vanilla Jam; Plum and Licorice; and even Plum and Star Anise Jam.
Plum and Raspberry Ketchup.
Plum and Licorice Milkshake 
And finally, Plum and Cinnamon Loaf.  You can find the recipe here, but there are so many more plum recipes to come.I am sharing this post with  Harvest Monday is hosted by Dave over Our Happy Acres.

8 comments:

  1. You surely have some creative uses for all those plums! The jams sound especially yummy to me. And I love the idea of the fantail squash. What all do you put in the stuffing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave,
      Still have a few more recipes to share. For the fantail squash, link on the title below and it will take you to the recipe.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful plums - even with those you had to discard, it seems you still have a great harvest. And the fresh lettuce/edible flowers - what a gorgeous photo (and I'm sure they tasted as good as they looked!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow cherry tomato that goes so well with your shirt- very artistic! That Stuffed Fantail Courgette looks so pretty and all those plums look delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, one of the reasons I loved the picture.

      Delete
  4. Woah look at all of the amazing ways you found to use plums! Do they call it jelly in the US? I live here, but am originally from Canada where we also say jam. I'll have to pay attention to that in conversation, I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimmy. Yes they do call it jelly in the US to my knowledge.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You