Sunday, 18 September 2016

Black Bursa Figs Mozzarella Pizza Tart

It's a a pizza kind of day.
 Except this is not a pizza, its more of a tart.  
I made this a few weeks back with what is a luxury fruit in our home: fresh Turkish Black Bursa Figs.  
I was a little unsure when D picked these Black Bursa Figs, as we had plums falling in our garden, but he said he wanted something different fruit to eat for a change from the usual apples, bananas and oranges.  I then thought fair enough we don't eat fresh figs much, only if we go overseas to places like Turkey or Cyprus.  
The figs are squat like in shape and much darker in colour, deep purple and nearly black in places. They made for a nice change, but we had way too many and they were super ripe and fragile to the touch.   I decided to make a pizza like tart.  I spread a little green basil pesto on the base, topped it with slices of figs then dotted it with some mozzarella balls (you can use a vegan alternative if you want).  Then it went into the oven for around 20 minutes or so, until golden.  As this Black Bursa Figs Pizza Tart can be sliced into many little bite size pieces, I am sharing it with Tea Time Treats as the theme is Savoury Foods hosted by Lavender and Lovage, Travels for Taste and Jo's Kitchen

10 comments:

  1. I love figs, and have seen so many lovely Black ones knocked down in price over the past week or two, so I'll try this tart - looks lovely! I normally buy some when they are cheap and make Jam, it's lovely with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often buy them knocked down price, but this time it was a real treat and yes jam is a super idea or fig rolls :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so tasty. I've had a few fresh figs recently from my friend's allotment but have just been eating them as is. If I get any more this will be tempting to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou. This made for a nice change from eating just fresh

      Delete
  3. Love love love figs! But I haven't bought any this year yet...... your tart looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate, it was a nice change.

      Delete
  4. Fig pizza??? Is it sweet? How very interesting - I'm definitely intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy, it was quite delicious.

      Delete
  5. Yum!...I just made Miyoko's vegan mozzarella...so this will be perfect...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, I need to make some vegan cheez

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You