Friday, 16 September 2016

Innocent Badger Cookbook Smoky Pepper Stew

I am so glad its Friday.  First week back at work after a week off was hard and this week seemed to be harder as every single day I was super busy, that is good as it makes the time pass, but I am tired and am so looking forward to a lie in and not having to get up 6am in the morning.  Thank goodness for weekends.   
I made this dish a little while back its a Smoky Pepper Stew.  The smokiness from paprika.  I served it with rice.  
I am sharing this with  Plant Based Potluck Party and Healthy Vegan Fridays hosted by Rock My Vegan Socks and V Nutrition; and and Weekend Cooking hosted by Beth Fish Reads .  
The recipe comes from Innocent Badger CookbookThe Tried to Bury Us...But They Didn't Know We were Seeds.  
I picked up the Innocent Badger Cookbook when I went to Cheltenham Vegan Festival early this year, but its the first recipe I have cooked from it and it was just right.

18 comments:

  1. I have come to love smoky flavours over the last few years (thanks, in large part, to inspirational smoky recipes from Johanna of GGG!) and so this sounds delicious. And I too am glad it's Friday, although more because it means my husband will be home and I get an extra set of parenting hands over the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari,
      I find Johanna a great source of inspiration and she keeps me grounded in blogging too. Ah parenthood for your must be exciting and understandably tiring too. Enjoy your weekend with your extra hands. I forgot the bottle of wine for tonight :(

      Delete
  2. I loved smoked paprika! We don't eat vegan often -- though we do eat vegetarian. That pepper stew looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth, I have to be honest the first time i tried smoked paprika I wasn't sure, but now I do like it.

      Delete
  3. Smoky paprika, as you say, is really a useful ingredient. I often use it in place of hotter chili powder or crushed chiles to compromise on heat levels. Coincidence: I just bought some this morning at Trader Joe's as my current supplies are getting a bit old.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mae, it indeed is a useful ingredient to have i like to change it with chilli for a change too

      Delete
  4. Definitely bookmarking this recipe. Thank you for the links to plant based food blogs. I am planning to check those out. I appreciate you visiting my blog and your lovely comment ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like paprika but only in small quantities. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stew looks so tasty! I felt exactly the same way about last week and probably will about this as well. It's so busy and I can't keep up, so happy to go to bed soon and it's only Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks VegHog, this week has been really manic too. And its still only Wednesday, can't wait for the w/e, but my husband has plans to go to Porthcawl for the Elvis Festival, so no lie in :( but it will be away from work. Hope your w/e will be relaxing

      Delete
  7. I love paprika - I think it must be the spice that I use the most. It's not only the lovely smokey flavour but the beautiful warming colour too! The stew looks really appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joey, your so right - its about the colour too.

      Delete
  8. Looks good! I really like spicing things with paprika, it lends a great flavour =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy, indeed flavour and colour.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You