Friday, 9 September 2016

Easy Plum and Raspberry Ketchup or Sauce

I got back a few hours ago from my short break in the U.K.

I will share more later next week with lots of photographs, but this evening I share with you a easy Plum and Raspberry Ketchup or Sauce.
Both the plums and the raspberries are from my garden plot.  

This Plum Ketchup was the result of an accident.  
I had planned to make  Plum Leather, but I had pureed the plums way too much that I had to find a way of rescuing them rather than washing it down the sink.  As well as making this Plum and Strawberry Ketchup, I also made a Plum Milkshake and Plum Yogurt Ice-Cream.


The raspberry vinegar is optional.  I had some that I h ad been gifted to me by m sister in law a couple of years back and this was a good way to finish off the bottle that has mostly been used for salad dressings.  I am sharing this Plum Sauce with Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary for No Waste Food Challenge
Easy Plum and Raspberry Ketchup
1 kg plums, core removed
100g raspberries
100ml raspberry vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons agave syrup
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Method
Put all the ingredients in and reduce until all the juices have evaporated and thick.  
Pour into sterilized jars and refrigerate.
Adapted from this recipe.

8 comments:

  1. Wow looks great - would love all those plums in my kitchen - and I am sure I would love the ketchup (had thought you were quiet lately - will look forward to hearing about your trip)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what we got back yesterday and a load of plums were on the ground, bruised and wounded - attracting flies - such a shame, we swept them up and dumped them - what a waste, but we were not there to harvest and share. If you lived near...you would have got some for sure!

      Delete
  2. Perfect! I have a whole pot of foraged plums in the freezer that are a bit too sour for the usual crumble or jam, and I now know what I'm going to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joey, don't forget to put some raspberries in otherwise it will be very sour, unless of course you don't mind that

      Delete
  3. Oooh sounds great! I like the sweetness of the plum with a bit of tartness from the raspberry - very nice contrast. And what a great way to save your failed leather =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy, yes I was pleased I was able to do something with the plum fail and it worked out.

      Delete
  4. What a great save! I love these creative recipes rescued from near fails. Thank you for sharing with the No Waste Food Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, its always a pleasure joining in - hope your well.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You