Friday, 11 October 2013

Revisiting My Kitchen - October 2013

Whilst transitioning from Scotland to Wales, I extensively wrote about some of my kitchenalia. The series was called Presenting 22 of my favourite kitchen things. The first post introduced my readers to my collection of rolling pins.  I have to admit, I have added another one to this since I've moved back to Wales and will share it with you in due course.  

In the course of moving, I  even made a little goodbye film of my tiny eclectic kitchen in Glasgow.  I have to admit, I cooked there much more, than I have in the kitchen that I am in now.  Here's the link if you wish to take a peek of what was once my space.
Anyway, today I wish to re-visit some of those posts (see blow the links) as I wish to participate In My Kitchen Series hosted by Celia at Fig Jam and Lime Cordial.  I know I am cheating here a little, but I hope you will forgive me, but I do have to start somewhere. 

Garlic Crusher or it is a Garlic Presser
Garlic Baker or Garlic Keeper



Onion Storage Pot
Salt Pots and Salt Pigs
Mezzaluna
Weighing Scales
Measuring Spoons and American Cups
Egg Holder: Egg House 
Steamer and Double Boiler
Tongs and Whisks
Cheese and Nutmeg Graters and a Orishigane 
Salad Spinners, Colanders and Strainers
Mashers and Peelers
The Sifters and Spatulas
And finally the Spice Jars.
I have been sent some chia seeds and black rice noodles in a recently vegan swap.  these are both new ingredients to me and I am looking forward to cooking with them still.  I do have some ideas, but other suggestions would be most appreciated.  I promise next month, my contribution to In My Kitchen will be a bit more show off. 

7 comments:

  1. Shaheen, thank you so much for joining in! Your post is perfect - IMK is a very laid back gathering, so please feel free to write your posts in any way you wish! I clicked through to your links - love your collection of salt pigs! I don't have one, but I've always wanted to get one - you might have inspired me to actually do so. The chia seeds we know about, but the black noodles are new to us, they sound intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shaheen, welcome to the IMK gang. I love your rolling pins especially the shaped one. Look forward to seeing what you do with the chia, I normally just add it to my multigrain loaf.
    cheers
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- welcome to the IMK family!
    Your rolling pins look a lot like my collection. I am rather attached to rolling pins that do not have roller bearings in the handles- so I collect them. They are becoming more and more hard to find.
    Thanks for sharing your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaheen, poking through your links will be like going on a scavenger hunt and a picnic -- fun! Welcome to IMK and best wishes in your new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! What a lovely blog! Wanna follow each other? Let me know okay=), have a nice day..
    xs

    http://itislovelyfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh me too! Love getting kitchenalia from charity shops especially. My favourites are a lovely blue Moroccan tagine, a terracotta Spanish Olla (bean pot), an old brown enamel porringer (double boiler), an old grocer's set of balancing scales replete with cast iron weights in Imperial, mezzaluna, nutmeg grater and of course my trusty workhorses the main large kitchen knife and my large heavy wooden board. I also have a great 50's masher, inherited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. G'day! Thank you for this month IMK view, true!
    I SO want to obtain one of those unique rolling pins; is on my food bucket list to do!
    Cheers! Joanne
    Love the word kitchenalia! :)
    @mickeydownunder

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You