Thursday, 10 October 2013

Green Tomato Chutney with Raisins

I was bestowed with some more green tomatoes from my father.  I thought he had pulled them all off, but I was wrong as I came home with some more.  Well I could have opted to make some fried green tomatoes, or even another Green Tomato Curry, especially as I failed to get a photograph of it the last time - but nah - it was to be jars of Green Tomato Chutney.  

For the vegetable and fruit growers amongst you all, what would you have you done had you been given the green tomatoes?  I am always looking for inspiration.     


I don't know if I mentioned it, but I've made this chutney a number of times and have blogged about it before; and I like it, hence the reason I'm making it again.  Once made, of course you can serve it on the side of a cheese platter, but I have found it tastes excellent in a toasted panini too, so that is what I will be doing with it when I want something easy to eat, just need to make sure I have some panini in the freezer and cheese in the fridge.  For the Green Tomato Chutney with Raisins recipe, please  follow this link.  

I'm sharing this chutney with Credit Crunch Munch, a food blogging challenge set by Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla at Fab Food 4 All.  This challenge encourages us to share our frugal food recipes in order to share that good food does not have to cost the earth. The green tomatoes came from my father, all the other ingredients such as vinegar, sugar and spices were already in my store-cupboard.  This October Credit Crunch Munch is being hosted by Utterly Scrummy.  

4 comments:

  1. In Pisa we do fried green tomatoes! If ?I manage to get my hands on some I'll try and do a blog post about them. They're delicious! Saying that the chutney looks pretty fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do Elizabeth, I wouldn't be surprised if my Pa gave me more green tomatoes, then I may just have to try your recipe.

      Delete
  2. What a great use of the tomatoes, I love all sorts of chutneys and fine making them so relaxing, but the contents of my preserves cupboard has expanded faster than the speed at which I consume or give them away!

    Thank you so much for sharing with Credit Crunch Munch - this month's challenge is over at Dinner with Crayons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen