Saturday, 5 October 2013

Welsh Duo Dale and Larkin @Newport Food Festival 2013

This morning, I went into Newport city for the Newport Food Festival, now in its third year.  The programme promised lots of on-street mayhem, over 70 stalls crammed with food, drink and crafts.  Yes there were lots of fresh whiff of welsh cakes in the air, welsh cheese tasters on offer and plenty of hustle and bustle, but the highlight for me today were the Welsh duo Larkin Cen and Dale Williams, both whom were finalists in this years BBC's Masterchef.  
Unfortunately, I missed out on watching Masterchef the past two years because of the hours I was working and sitting down and watching any sort of televisual was not happening for me, as many of you know as my blog was also neglected.  
Anyway,  I was still charmed by them both who demonstrated making a seafood dish.  Unfortunately it was a little distracting to hear what either was saying whilst they were demonstrating as Larkin Cen was being heckled by his number one fan in Newport.  



I came back empty handed, but here are some selected snaps from the day.  If you want to read more, you may be interested to note that I went to the Newport Food Festival last year  and in 2011 when the city held its first food festival ,  you can if you so wish read more it  here.






6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I missed Birmingham Food Festival back in August

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yogi. It was alright. I wanted to go along to the Vegfest in London, but it just didn't happen. Also missed the one they had in Monmouth last month :(

      Delete
  2. You say you came back empty-handed, but did you come away with any ideas or inspiration though? Food shows are usually good for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mark - empty handed and maybe a little inspiration - I observe how some stall holders presented their stalls, it has to appeal to people to come forward - right :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds brilliant, glad you had a fun time. x

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You