Saturday, 26 October 2013

Elvis Presley Bagel

I have posted this Elvis Presley Bagel on my before, sometimes its a afternoon snack, sometimes an evening bite, sometimes brunch.  

The reason I am posting it yet again, is that I made it this morning for breakfast and thought it would be a good opportunity to share it again, as its a firm favourite in our home, plus I love this photograph that my husband took a while back, sometimes I think it should be on the front cover of a food magazine.



Anyway, this is not really a recipe as such, just a easy bite you can put together in moments providing you have all the ingredients to hand which are bagels, bananas, peanut butter (crunchy or smooth - you decide) and strawberry jam or jelly if you want to be more authentic.  


The bagels lightly are toasted either under the grill or a toaster.  Then the bottom half of the bagel is spread generously with peanut butter, the top half generously with good strawberry jam, topped with sliced bananas and then the top bagel half is pressed on top and wallah - there you have it - The Elvis Presley Bagel.  Oh you must have a mug of coffee with this bagel, as the peanut butter will stick to the roof of your mouth.  
I am sharing this bagel with The Breakfast Club.  The Breakfast Club was initiated by Helen of Fuss Free Flavours.  The theme for  October is fruit, so I am using bananas as its the one fruit I always have in my fruit bowl: green, yellow or ripe and strawberry jam, always keep a jar. This month it is being hosted by Utterly Scrummy Food for Families. 

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried this with a bagel; I always make it with sandwich bread. I'll have to try this version sometime. :)

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to try it in a bagel Adi.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You