Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Mixed Peppers. Chickpea and Quinoa Soup

 I'm feeling a little under the weather, hence the lack of blogging over the past few days.  I have also picked up D's sniffles that is not making me feel a happy bunny.  

Other than a visit to the doctors this afternoon, I've been stuck indoors with the cat for company, and reading a fictional novel for a change, instead of my usual flicking through cookbooks, but my eyes have been a bit cloudy and hazy so the reading has been on and off.  Then I hide my head under the blankets feeling a little sorry for myself.  Oh I know it will pass, time of the year, we are all going to feel a little rough.

I made this Mixed Peppers, Chickpeas and Quinoa soup at the weekend before the sniffles grabbed me.  I made it with peppers that had been bought originally for another dish, a Chilli Pot if you must know.   
This recipe for the soup made a large batch that we are both still tucking in.  It reheats beautifully.  The quinoa swelled up into its translucent spiral shape.  It made a nice change textually, that there was no need to serve a bread roll on the side.  It was good to go. 
I am sharing a warming bowl of this Mixed Peppers and Quinoa Soup with What I Ate Wednesday#143 hosted by Peas and Crayons; Deb of Kahakai Kitchen for this week’s Souper (Soup, Salad and Sammies) Sundays; and finally with Ricki at Diet, Dessert, Dogs for her Wellness Weekends 17-21 October. 

Mixed Peppers and Quinoa Soup
Please note I'll be back later in the week to share the recipe. 

19 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, thank you.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaheen:
    First-off, I send you positive vibes for a quick recovery.
    Thanks for posting pictures of the mouthwatering dish.
    While I eagerly await the recipe, I bet it is very delicious and healthy too.
    Coincidentally, I had spicy Quinoa and Blackbeans for lunch.
    I think Quinoa makes an exceptionally nutritious and tasty substitute for rice.
    Peace :)
    Chandra

    PS. Your cat is very cute! Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chandra, feeling a tad better.
      Your quinoa and black beans sound good to me too

      Delete
  3. Hope that you start feeling better. Just looking at the photos made me feel all nice and warm inside my tummy. :) And glad to see that the cat is keeping you company! Can't wait to see the recipe; take care.<3

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adi.
      Promise to write up the recipe soon.

      Delete
  4. Looks delish!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks soul-warmingly delicious and just perfect for a sniffling soul buried under blankets! You must have known subconsciously that you were pre-sniffly so you whipped up that superhealthy goodness just in time. Thanks for sharing the recipe and get well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, yes I did feel I was coming down with something :)

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful, hearty soup! I hope you are now feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better by now! I'm going for 'flu jab on Saturday, so hopefully I will be protected this Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark.
      I can't afford the flu jab and not entitled to it as not young enough or old enough, so will just have to fight the elements of winter and the germs of other people as they come. :) Hope you keep well though.

      Delete
  8. Definitely hearty soup weather. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jee. I know you come by and read my blog often

      Delete
  9. nice recipe, perfect for this warm days but fresh evenings autumn.....recover quickly

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious and a nice little treat for the healthy eaters! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does look like a wonderfully satisfying bowl of soup and a great way to chase the chills away. ;-) Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week--it is always a pleasure to have you join in.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You