Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Calypso Pineapple Bean Pot

This colourful Calypso Pineapple Bean Pot was like my day today, quite disappointing.  

I made this recipe based on a  Haitian stew because it intrigued me; as well as the fact that I had some pineapple left over from the Pineapple and Black Bean Stew, but I am sorry to say it just didn't push the right buttons for me.
Although it has sweetness from the fresh pineapple, zing from lime juice and a little warmth from the cayenne pepper, I felt it lacked depth. 
 It wasn't wasted though, most of it was eaten with plain white rice.

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! Not crazy on the sweet / savoury thing but this looks like it could convince me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dom. Have a good trip. I am envious, but happy for you too.

      Delete
  2. You actually had me at pineapple! But I think I understand what you mean by it was missing depth. I've had some food experiments and realized that they lacked some depth. However, I'd really want to try this dish. :)

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny that you still would happily try this dish, I thought the pineapple would sway me too, but .... no

      Delete
  3. That sounds delicious! sweet and sour and spicy...YUM!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shaheen, Your dish looked delicious,. I would love to try the recipe, but will add a little twist to it ( Maybe some firm ripe plantains or yucca0 Thanks for sharing enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Freda. I love the sound of your twist, I'll have to look out for some plantains here, as well as yucca.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen