Tuesday, 24 September 2013

A few of my favourite vegan things

I thought with it being Vegan Mofo 2013, I would take the opportunity to share some of my favourite things.  Its not a long list, just some vegan food blogs and some of my go to vegan recipes.

First up is one of my favourite vegan food blogs.  Maple Spice - it is written by the very talented Debbie.  
I discovered Maple Spice in 2009 and immediately won over by not just Debbies writing, but her recipes and the creativity she injects into each and every one of her dishes  Its one of the places I go to for inspiration; or if I just want to just drool over Debbies fantastic edible creations.  I don't want to repeat what I wrote then,  so please just follow my blog link.

Now onto two vegan recipes that I totally enjoy making and eating.  
I've never ever eaten bacon in my life, so its kind of strange that I enjoy eating No Meat Athletes Facon Bacon, especially in a vegan BLT.  For my variation, please follow this link.  
The same is true of chorizo sausages.  I've never had them ever, but I do like the idea of spicy sausages having eaten spicy South Asian shish kebabs made by my mother from scratch when I was a child.  So  you can imagine how delighted I was when I discovered these oh so awesome Vegan Chorizo Sausages from Viva Vegan by Terry Hope Romero.   Terry Hope Romero  was kind enough to grant me permission to share her recipe on my blog.  See here for the recipe with some of slight variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You