Saturday, 7 September 2013

The Best Vegan Elvis Bagel

I have posted this recipe on my before.  The reason I am posting it again, is that I made it today for a snack and thought it would be a good opportunity to showcase it to new readers coming via Vegan Mofo.

Its not really a recipe, just a easy snack you can put together in moments providing you have all the ingredients to hand which are bagels, bananas, peanut butter (crunchy or smooth - you choose) and strawberry jam or jell if you want to be more authentic.  
The bagels lightly are toasted.  Then the bottom half of the bagel is spread generously with peanut butter, the top half generously with good strawberry jam.  Before both halves are pressed together, the middle is packed in a domino fashion with sliced banana for height and visual impact.  This is one high octane of a Bagel.  I think Elvis Presley would approve, don't you?!

6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite all time snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice treat! Looks like the perfect vegan teenage snack to me; full of energy and protein. My kids love stuff like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yogi Vegetarian, my nephews and nieces have yet to try it, but I know its hit with the students.

      Delete
  3. I've tried this before but with sandwich bread.
    Do you think it tastes better on a bagel?

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely. The bagel is more dense and chewy in texture and makes the additional components of the jam, peanut butter and bananas more enticing. Try it yourself. I think its much better than bread, than can be light and airy.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen