Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Pumpkin and Sultana Muffins

Here are some pumpkin and sultana muffins I made yesterday for Halloween.   
I barely had any 'trick and treaters' yesterday evening, as the pouring rain kept many of them away.
Although not intentional, I do like how the grated pumpkin looks like cobweb on the top. I just wish I had stuck a sliced sultana or raisin on the top too, so to mimic a trapped fly on the web... ah maybe next year.
Pumpkin and Sultana Muffins
Makes 10
250g plain flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon allspice
70g soft brown  sugar
100g sultanas
About 150g freshly grated pumpkin
1medium egg
140ml milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
60g butter, melted
Line a muffin tray with muffin cases. 
Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, spices in a medium sized bowl.  Then stir in the brown sugar and sultanas.  In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and vanilla and then stir in the grated pumpkin.  Slowly pour this mixture, along with the melted butter into the dry ingredients.  Stir well until the mixture is well combined, but be careful not to over mix.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cases. 
Bake at gas mark 6 for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly browned.  Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.


  1. Good luck with the job application, I'll wait patiently for the recipe!

    Ps: my computer is a little bit broken, so, I have some difficults to comment time to time, sorry.


  2. What job are you hoping to get? Those muffins look great :)

  3. These muffins look indeed very pretty & lovely topping, that web on top: genius too! Kisses to you!

  4. yummy! I'll wait for your recipe, they like sooo great!

  5. Thanks Verónica.
    Its compelted and will be posted tomorrow.
    I'll be posting the recipe later today!

    I'm sorry to read that your computer is a bit broken. Ihope it gets fixed soon. Don't worry so much about leaving comments :0)

    Thanks Carissa.
    I've applied for lots of jobs recently, with disappointing news, so lets see what happens. Best to share when I get it, don't you think :)

    Thanks Sophie.
    Yes, I was pleasantly surprised with the
    web on top.

    Thank you Fabipasticcio.
    The recipe will be up later today.

  6. Stupid trick-or-treaters! Had they only known what they were going to miss!
    They look really really yummy. I'll bookmark the coming recipe for next Halloween :)

    Good luck with your applications, the right job will eventually turn up :)

  7. Thank you Torwen. Had they come,cahnces are they woudl have snug there nose in favour of the chocolate sweets. Thanks for the wish of good luck. i have a good feeling about this job x

  8. Great to meet yet another foodie! All the best with your application!

  9. Great recipe. I had time today to prepare it and I must say it is delicious.

  10. Thanks for letting me know Elena.
    I am so glad you found them delicious.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You