Saturday, 5 November 2011

Breakfast Buttermilk Bran Muffins

I said to D 'these are not going to be the most exciting muffins you’ll ever see'. He mocked back, 'what you expect them to do jump up and perform somersaults as long as they taste good!'; and they certainly did.
These muffins are good either warm of cold, but I really preferred them when they still had a touch of warmth about them.

Buttermilk Bran Muffins
Makes 12
Ingredients
230g plain flour
45g wheat bran
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
115g caster  sugar
95g sultanas
1 egg, lightly beaten
280g buttermilk
2 tablespoons milk
6 tablespoons sunflower oil
Method
Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups. 
Mix the flour, bran, bakiing powder, salt, sugar and dried fruit in a large bowl.  In another bowl, mix together the egg, buttermilk, milk, and sunflower oil.  Add the buttermilk mixture all at once to the dry ingredients and stir briefly until well combined.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups diving it evenly.  Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes , or until risen and firm to the touch.  Cool in the pan for a few minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack.  Adapted from Catherine Atkinson Muffin Galore.

9 comments:

  1. This chilly time of year says "muffin time" and yours, I think, look lovely in their wrapers. We had orange cranberry ones here today, a first for us, so I imagined you both feeling like we did..warmed with your tea or coffee.."just one more muffin don't you think" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on the drunken puken pumpkin, lol. Isn't that so funny. I'm so glad you did cause I've found your blog and I love it! I'm going to follow you. I would love your support in following me as well as I am new to blog. I'm gonna be traveling through your site.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. These muffins look delicious!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love muffins warm from the oven. We had blueberry and almond this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gardeningbren.
    I like the sound of your orange cranberry muffins; and yes your right I would be thinking
    "just one more muffin don't you think" ;-)
    Hope your keeping well.


    Thanks Cakes and Teacups.
    Your welcome, I'm always excited to come across new blogs. Thank you so much for repaying the compliment by coming by and visiting my space. It would be lovely if you followed my blog, but its a 'personal choice' if you do choose to do so. When I started blogging, over two years ago - it was six months before I recieved my first comment and first follower - it comes with time. I'm sure Your blog will grow the same way too. Kind wishes.



    Thanks Gloria.


    Thank you Cookie Jar.
    Blueberries and almonds sound wonderful. I would have happily swapped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que bueno! These look mouthwatering & blueberries sound great with almonds & buttermilk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Dee. Its lovely to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those healthy and tasty muffins! Beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Angie.
    Its lovely to make your acquaintance. I do hope you will visit again.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You