Sunday, 20 November 2011

Apple and Chocolate Chip Flapjacks

These apple and chocolate flapjacks are more like a museli or granola breakfast  bar, in that they are dry and not sticky or overly sweet.  The sweetness comes chocolate chips and the natural sweetness from the grated apples.   And of course to demonstrate the apple content, I had to press  a few apple slices to the top. 
I am sharing some of these flapjacks with Choclette of Chocolate Log Blog  and Chele of The Chocolate Teapot  for this months We Should Cocoa Challenge.   The theme for November is to create a chocolate dish with the inclusion of apples and it is being hosted by Chele

Apple and Chocolate Chip Flapjacks
Makes 6-8 pieces
Ingredients
40g butter
60g soft brown sugar
2 tablespoon golden syrup
225g rolled porridge oats
50g raisins or sultanas
2 small eating apples, grated
 40g chocolate chips
Method
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6. Lightly grease a baking tin measuring about 8 " by 8". My baking tin measured 8 by 8 inches.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the sugar and golden syrup.
Combine the butter, sugar and syrup with the oats. Stir in the raisins and grated apples and raisins . Spread into the greased baking tin, evenly scatter the chocolate chips then pat down with a spatula.

Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until slightly brown. Leave to cool before slicing.

21 comments:

  1. I love how pretty these look! Lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty with the apple slices, looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made apple flapjacks and chocolate chip flapjacks, but have never thought of combining the too. I don't know why! These look great so I'm certainly noting the concept for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Emma.


    Thank you Faceess Food :)


    Thanks Janice.


    Thanks Kari.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look GREAT! I am still pondering on what I shall make for my entry!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for stopping bye blog I like the look of you flapjacks they look so yummy, I enjoyed looking at your food in other posts. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I'm going to try that Pear jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delectable. Please do send the to C.E.D.D Apples event @ simply.food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! There's a muesli bar which I love which reminds me of these flapjacks :) I love the flavour of apples in muesli bars/flapjacks :) Those apples on the top are so cute- they must be tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Karen.
    You still have time :)


    Thanks for repaying the compliment greenthumb and coming by my blog. I hope you get to try the Pear jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks simply.food.
    I was goign to, but then I thought i would share a different recipe, so Guess what I am actually making another recipe for the C.E.D.D. Thank you for the invitation.


    Thanks Von.
    Ah so I am not that far of in describing these as a muesli bar :) The apples on the top are quite small - known as Cox apples!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really good. I love the apple slices on top and the round flapjack.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shaheen: I love this kind of sweet food, specialy when I have the need to eat something sweet and crunchy.

    Beautiful decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Baking Addict.
    Yes they are pretty effective.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Choclette.
    I got your comment, but it has failed to be posted - either its lost in cyberspace, or I somehow managed to delete it in which case sorry. It was much appreciated though x.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You