Saturday, 20 March 2010

Sick as a Lion

I am really poorly today. I have been feeling 'under the weather' all week, but managed to get myself up and into work. Yesterday I did struggle to make it through the working day, sniffling now and again, my head hurting and my vision blurry. I just couldn't wait for it to be the weekend so I could just lie in bed.
The weekend comes and here I am sprawled all over the bed. The symptoms have got worse. I am sneezing and spluttering, I cough and my chest hurts, so does my head which is really aching and affecting my vision and concentration. I'm not one for doctors, so I've been drinking echinacea, later it may be a 'Toddy'.

Unfortunately, whatever germs I have crawling in my body, I have unintentionally passed some of them onto my husband. He is now coughing and spluttering like me. Its been a while, since we've both been unwell together. We are a sorry looking pair today. This is also to say that I haven't cooked anything today or been outside, which is quite sad really as it seems to have been a wonderful sun-shining day. Instead, here I am at the weekend - in bed with my hot water bottle.

13 comments:

  1. :-( Hope you get better soon. Hot water and lemon is fab (with a hot toddy in there too for even better effect :-) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwh! Hope you feel better soon!
    Thanks for popping over to my blog.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope that you are well soon. Take care and drink lots of water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're not well...I hope the both of you make a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, poor you! It's horrible being ill so I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better. The same usually happens in our house, one of us starts with something and it gets passed on to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, feel better soon, chuck!
    In my household, we have a policy of 'what echinacea doesn't fix, whiskey will'!
    Keep warm & have plenty of hot fluids (with or without a high ABV)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon xxx lots of vitamin C and zinc as well :) and def try a hot toddy- I love them when i'm sick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. boo, what unfortunate timing to both be poorly together. Wishing you well for a speedy recovery x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i'm sorry... i hope taht you will go over it soon..
    take care. many hugs,
    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you both feel better soon!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Mango Cheeks, I saw in your most recent post that you were feeling a bit better. I hope you both get over your chest bug soon.
    I don't know if one can get it where you live, but Goldenseal tea is great if you need to 'dry up' an infection. Plus, as you know, tea is just really great when one is sick anyway...
    Love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Stella :D
    I willhave to look out for Goldenseal tea. Your the third person to recommend it to me.
    Means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You