Thursday, 25 March 2010

Spice up my tastebuds

Although I am recovering from the sick bug, I'm still not 100% to my normal healthy sparky self. I have barely cooked since Friday, eating tinned tomato soup and shop bought pizzas. My sense of taste is numbed too and this has not been helped by the meals I've been putting together, all of which have been plain and pretty bland.

This evening I fancied something a bit spicier and did D agreed, so I had decided on Thai green curry. You will find many variations of Thai red and green curry on my blog as it is one of my favourite and reliable recipes.
The above picture was taken last year and it showcases produce all from my allotment plot: broccoli, carrots and climbing beans in yellow, purple and green.

None of the vegetables I used in tonights meal were my mine, but they were all seasonal and grown in the U.K. The cauliflower and carrots were from Norfolk, England and the Shiitake mushrooms were from Ireland and the greens, well no green vegetables this time, but I did add some coriander which was grown in West Sussex, England.

My taste buds were loving the flavours, but my nose ... not so much.


  1. Some Thai curry at the tail end of a sickness sounds perfect. Hope you are back on your feet soon!

  2. Get well soon, I hope that the green curry will help, at least it sounds delicious!

  3. Wow, you are so lucky to be able to grow such wonderful produce!

  4. What a pretty picture! Aren't vegetables so fun to photograph. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. A few days of rest and healthy food should have you back on track. The curry sounds delicious, it's too bad it wasn't kind to your nose. Get well soon!

  5. Thank you for your comment Sarah. I am beginning to feel much better.

    Thank you so much Alessandra.

    Thank you MsMeanie.
    I won't be able to grow as much as I did last year, but whatever I grow this year will be a pleasure to eat.

    Thank you Jill.
    Yes, I agree vegetables are lovely to photograph, esp those with vivid colours and textures.

  6. Ooh, Thai Green Curry sounds wonderful. I bet all the veggies and spices will help your immune system too...hopefully!

  7. Stella,
    The Thai green curry certainly helped.
    Thank you.

  8. Sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope you are feeling much better now.

  9. Thanks Kella.
    Still sitting on my chest, but I am much better and back to cooking again.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You