Saturday, 20 June 2009

First Harvest of 2009

Here is my first official harvest of the 2009.
From left: sage and mint leaves; lollo rosso salad leaves; strawberries and raspberries; one sad looking purple top Milan turnip; maris bard new potatoes; broad beans, and at the back: a bag full of turnip leaves.
D tending to his tomatoes in the greenhouse. While I sowed some more seeds. We spent about 4 hours at the plot, even though the plan was to spend an hour or so.
These are my alliums, I think I said early in the week that I had snipped off their heads as they were beginning to bolt.
However, I am allowing these leeks from last year, to go to seed for the wildlife. Plus they're quite pretty to the eye.

3 comments:

  1. A fantastic harvest, Mango, and such a lovely photo of your crop. Bet it tasted good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, you have the posh basket and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran,

    Thanks,

    I had turnip soup and strawberries last night, they were good, esp the strawberries. So delicious. I am having the rest this evening.


    I'm not a tree,

    Thanks. Thank you for your words.

    Yeah, it is a posh basket. I got it from Oxfam for £1.99 about a year ago, as I was walking away from the plot admiring my produce in the basket, the handle just broke. But it looks good.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You