Wednesday, 3 June 2009

Strawberry cheesecake

My in-laws are coming up to Scotland tomorrow, so we have been tidying up the ‘cottage’ flat and putting our mile high pile of laundry away.

I like it when family come up to stay, it gives me the opportunity to travel and see other parts of Scotland, and do things you don’t often get to do when you stay local, but when family and friends come up – you too can play the tourist or Tour Guide in Ds case. As well as dragging Ds parents over to the allotment, we are also planning to take a drive out to the East Coast this time. We’ve done the West of Scotland trail a number of times, and have even been out to a couple of the Islands: Arran and Mull, so a change of direction is due. Here is a welcoming cheesecake made with Scottish strawberries. I love this picture, it looks quite professional!
Unfortunately this cheesecake is not made with my allotment grown strawberries as they are still in the flowering stage, but these are as good as for now. On cooking I noted that the strawberries in the cheese mix had completely disintegrated, but it did not detract from the taste, just the look. Therefore, I would advise topping the cheese mix with strawberries (see below) as well.
Strawberry cheesecake
Serves 6
Ingredients
200g strawberries, washed and halved
225g cream cheese
80 ml of sour cream
40g caster sugar
2 free range eggs
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon or cornflour
Juice of ½ lemon

First make the cheesecake base
175g digestive biscuits
50g Butter, melted

Crush the biscuits then mix well with melted butter and put into press into cake tin.

Heat the oven to gas mark 6.

Now the cheesecake mix: Blend the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cornflour and lemon juice together.

Pour the cheesecake mix into the pastry case and bake for 40 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
If you can resist it, this cheesecake is best served the following day.

2 comments:

  1. I think your cheesecake looks lovely! I hope you have a fun time with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele,

    I left the cheesecake in the oven a little too long, so it browned a little more than I wanted, but it tasted okay.

    I will enjoy my time with my in-laws.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You