Monday, 22 June 2009

Tamari asparagus spears

I hate to admit it, but today at work I’ve snacked on a lot of junk, for breakfast: hash browns and baked beans. For lunch: a cup of soup with a bag of crisp, and then later as a snack: latte with a brownie. All that grub is really unusual even for me. So this evenings relatively light meal, was welcomed and it made me feel positively virtuous about myself.

This is the last of the British seasonal asparagus that we will be eating.
Tamari asparagus spears
Serves 2
Recipe
350g asparagus
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoon of tamari (or soy sauce)

Lime wedges to serve

Method
Toss the asparagus in oil, then put on to a hot griddle pan and wait until the asparagus is charred on all sides.

Add the garlic slices only when the asparagus is nearly ready. Stir n the sesame seeds and toss, then add in tamari (or soy sauce) just before removing from the heat.

Serve hot, straight from the griddle pan.

Recipe adapted from Nadine Abensurs The Cranks Bible

4 comments:

  1. It looks delicious. Can't believe you have got so much asparagus - can you detect the envy???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't be misled the asparagus is not homegrown, it is shop bought. My asparagus bed is not rewarding me with any of my own. Looks like the bed will have tomake way for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using tamari with asparagus is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was quite tasty, but I think it should be a starter, rather than a main.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You