Sunday, 31 January 2016

January Eat Your Greens Round Up

Welcome to January's edition of Eat Your Greens. This is a monthly vegetarian and vegan cooking challenge for food bloggers to make something with a green vegetable (or fruit) each month.  
The first recipe comes from the charming Dom from Belleau Kitchen who shares with us Flower Sprout and Brie Mini Filo Pies.  
Some of you may remember last month myself and The VegHog both made flower sprout recipes for Eat Your Greens, so its lovely to see it here encased in filo pastry, a recipe which reminds Dom of his Greek Island magical holidays.  Dom describes this as a mega easy spanakopita style treats and I can totally see why? in place of the spinach flower sprouts and in place of the feta cheese - stinky brie!
Next we have The Veg Hog, my lovely new co-host for Eat Your Greens.  The Veg Hog shares rustic Swiss Chard Roulades which encase nutty Pearl Spelt Risotto.  I just love the colourful stripes in the rainbow chard. 
Sadhna from Herbs, Spices and Traditions shares with us some awesome vegetarian Spinach Balls in tomato Curry also known as Palak Kofta Curry.    
And finally my contribution of  Kale covered Barley with Green Mushrooms.  Yes, its short savoury Round up, but please, please go by and check each contribution and leave a comment, I know my fellow bloggers would appreciate it.  

We are also now welcoming your #EatYourGreen recipes for February's edition.  The host for February 2016 will be The Veg Hog.  Follow this link on how to participate.


  1. This is a lovely collection of savoury recipes with green vegetables. This season is quite suitable for this kind of dishes. I can't wait to see the contributions for February!

    1. I so agree and looking forward to February contributions already.

  2. Thanks Shaheen, for featuring my recipe.nice round-up.

    1. Your welcome, hope you will join in again this month.

  3. a gloriously green round-up... thanks for hosting x


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You