Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Jamaican Jerk Roasted Vegetable Tray Bake

Its really wild and windy outside, so I am appreciating the warming colours of this Roasted Vegetable Tray Bake.  

I like halloumi, let me correct that - I love halloumi, but sadly my husband equates halloumi with a bad food reaction he had a long while back and has avoided it ever since.  However in the last few months, I am glad to say it has been slowly creeping back, albeit cautiously into his diet and I am secretly pleased about this as I can start cooking with the squeaky salty chew once again.  

Well one of his most favourite dishes is a Roasted Tray Bake, a very simple recipe.  This time though instead of roasting the vegetables in a little oil, I also coated the vegetables with some home-made Jamaican Jerk Paste. 
This is essentially Nigella Lawson's Double Potato Halloumi Bake, but spiced up with a little attitude by the addition of homemade Jamaican Jerk Paste and fresh thyme.  Also please don't feel restricted by the vegetables listed below, You can choose any vegetables you like, just make sure you chop them up so they roast and are ready at the same time.
Halloumi slices ready for its blast in the oven to go golden crispy around the edges!
If you like Jamaican Jerk flavours. then you may also like my Vegetarian Jerk Spiced Scotch Egg.  



For the Roasted Vegetable Tray Bake
Ingredients for 2
2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
2 - 4 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk paste (or to taste)
White Potatoes
Sweet potato's 
Red onion 
Garlic
Red and yellow pepper
Fresh Thyme
Freshly ground black pepper
For the jerk paste
Follow recipe here. or use ready-made, I won't tell anyone.
Method
In a large bowl, coat all the vegetables in the oil, Jamaican Jerk Paste, thyme leaves and black pepper and coat well.
Transfer and spread onto a baking tray and roast in preheated oven gas mark 4/180 for 35 - 45 minutes or until golden brown and cook through.  
Five minutes before serving, Optional: sliced Halloumi or chopped Feta Cheese or vegan alternative to warm through. 
Serve immediately.

14 comments:

  1. Yummity-yum! Just my kind of meal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat roast veg just about every single day. I have for the last four days, actually, at least for one meal! I've never tried to jerk it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like roast veg too, but like to enhance it with difference sauces or spices - you should try jerk someday, just put the jerk sauce on halfway through the cooking.

      Delete
  3. This looks so good!
    I roasted aubergine last evening and enjoyed that so will give this a try once I find the spices...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e.
      I like aubergines roasted too. And actually tomorrow will share a dish I made with it. I hope you find the spices.

      Delete
  4. Looks delicious...I've been wanting to try and make Jamaican Jerk Jack Fruit...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa. I made Jackfruit a while back, and oh my really good - just kicking myself for not taking a picture as it was late in the evening.

      Delete
  5. The Jamaican Jerk is one jerk I love.
    Cool recipe!
    Have a Great Day, Shaheen!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chandra.
      Love the new avatar!

      Delete
  6. This looks so tasty, I never thought of adding Halloumi to my roasted vegetables and I love Halloumi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nezumi, the halloumi does elevate a simple roast veg dish, hop you get to try

      Delete
  7. So simple but so very comforting. Food at its best! What time is dinner? Ha ha !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lexa, you would be welcome to come on over any time, though you may have trouble parking outside where I live - its always manic, hope your good at parallel parking!

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You