Thursday, 8 September 2011

Plum Tart Again

I think D deliberately picked up some more plums when I wrote 'fruit' on the shopping list, as he was wishing for some more plum tart.

Well I don't blame him, it was rather good.
This is exactly the same recipe for the Almond and Plum Tart I made last month, except without the plum syrup.
Almond and Plum Tart
Serves 4 - 6
For the Rich Shortcrust Pastry
Ingredients
170g plain flour
a pinch of salt
100g unsalted butter
1 medium egg yolk
Cold water, to combine
Method for the Rich Shortcrust Pastry
Sift the flour with the salt into a large bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix the egg yolk with 2 tablespoons water and add to the mixture. Mix to a firm dough. Chill, wrapped for 30 minutes before using. Roll out to line a 13 x 4 inch loose bottomed flan tin.
For the Almond and Plum Filling
75g unsalted butter
100g golden caster sugar
1 egg and 1 egg yolk
65g ground almonds
40g plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g plums, pitted and sliced
Method
Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and egg yolk. Fold in the ground almonds and flour and vanilla extract. Spread the mixture over the pastry base and scatter or neatly arrange 60g of the plums on top. Bake in oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until lightly golden and firm to the touch.

4 comments:

  1. Yum this looks so good! I love the combination of plums and almonds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you just posted essentially a post that you've already done. It's so innovative! Why not, right?? It's our bloody blogs, we should make our own rules and post whatever the crap we like! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combination of almond and plum. Too divine! I've got plums on my shopping list for today. Can't pass them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Elise!


    Thanks Kristy Lynn.
    i did feel a bit cheeky doing so, but there are some dishes that we make more than once and ths is certainly one of them. And your certainly right, It's our bloody blogs, so we should make our own rules and post whatever the crap we like!
    :)


    Thank you Lauren.
    I do like this recipe and so hope you make it if you can.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You