Sunday, 4 September 2011

Cabbage and Potato Tart

Here is another dish that looks fabulous all sliced up, but disappointed on flavour - A 'Cabbage and Potato Tart'.

I actually made this Savoury Tart early this year around St Patricks Day.
The homemade pastry was fine, the potato and cabbage filling was fine too.  It was the cheesy topping that made it flop.  I used the wrong type of cheese, instead of a melting type, I used one of D's cheeses - Edam that did not offer that cheesy ooziness and just set on top of the tart like plastic tiles.  Yeph, can you tell I am not an Edam fan?!
I will make this 'Cabbage and Potato Tart' again; and when I do I will make sure I have a good cheese in the refrigerator.
So if you wish to have to recipe for this 'Cabbage and Potato Tart', please be a little patient - I promise to make it again, just don't know when.  

5 comments:

  1. It's so frustrating to me when a recipe that I have high hopes for doesn't turn out the way that I had hoped. The cabbage and potato tart sounds delicious to me. What kind of cheese would you use next time to make it a success? I don't think I've ever had Edam before. Hope you are enjoyinig a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, too bad, it sounds great. Just like my kind of fall food. What sort of cheese would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to know your cheeses well if you plan to cook them, don't you? Have you tried Reblochon? It melts beautifully. I love Edam, but not cooked.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You