Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Banoffee Curd Muffins

As you can see I'm not very adept at elegantly piping whipped cream on cakes.  This is something I hope to accomplish in the near future.  For now though, please just gaze at this 'Banoffee Curd Muffin' for what it is: oozing banana toffee sweetness. 
Whether you choose to serve the whipped cream on top or right in the middle, it tastes still the same - sweet!
Banoffee Curd Muffins
Makes 12
225g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
A good pinch of salt
100g caster sugar
1 egg
125g plain yoghurt
125ml whole milk
75g unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
160g - 180g Banoffee Curd.  Follow here for recipe.
Optional: Whipped cream for serving.

Line a muffin tray with 12 large paper cases.
Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
Put the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar in a large bowl and whisk lightly to aerate and combine.
Mix the egg, yoghurt, milk and melted butter together in a jug. Pour them into the dry ingredients and mix lightly until well combined. Please try not to over-mix as this will result in dense and cakey muffins.
Spoon some mixture into each muffin case and top with a generous teaspoon of Banoffee Curd. Then cover the Banoffee Curd with the remaining muffin mixture. It doesn't matter if you see some oozing out, its part of the charm and when baked will be more toffee like.
Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. These are best eaten on the day you bake them.  Serve with some whipped cream.
Serve with some whipped cream.  Recipe based around Hugh Fearnely Whittingstall's Lemon Curd Muffins.


  1. Its the taste that counts. It is a real challenge photographing food - whether you take time to make it pretty or take a quick photo and rip into it immediately.

  2. Whipped cream on top makes the muffins seem more decadent. Yum!

  3. Thanks for visiting my blog mango, I haven't had a chance to comment on many blogs lately but I always visit :):)

    I am obsessed with banoffee pie so would totally love these! Love the cake stand too, so pretty.

  4. Wow those look so divine; would love to try this sometime. Thanks for dropping by Foodhogger!

  5. Thank you Three-Cookies.
    Your right ultimately its the taste that counts.

    Thank you Yummychunklet.
    Yes certainly decadent!

  6. Thanks Emma.
    Its okay, I know what its like. I come by too and don't often comment. Its good to hear from you too:)

    I picked up the mini cake stand from a charity shop for £2.50 a little while ago.

    Thank you foodhogger.

  7. Thank you for your kind comment and the visit on my blog! I am so happy I have discovered yours. Lovely photos and inspiring recipes! I have never heard of Banoffee Curd. I only make lemon curd sometimes (I have a light lemon curd recipe, which makes it almost completely guilt-free ;-) ). I think I'll try it one day.
    Oh, and I've just seen you are also familiar with wild garlic! I am a big fan. Here the season has ended I think :-( (at least I no longer see it at the market). Too late to make your oatcakes this year.

  8. Banana is deffinately one of my favourite cake flavours. They sound delightful.
    I love your little cake stand too, what a gret buy.


  9. Thank you so much Sissi.
    Especially for repaying the compliment by coming by, its much appreciated.

    I have to admit Banoffee Curd was new to me too, until I stumbled across it in one of my Italian Veggie Cookbooks. I do liek the sound of your guilt free 'light lemon curd'

    Yes, I've been spoiling myself with the wild garlic this year. You see i will be moving home and I don't know If I'll find some when I move - so I did indulge rather heavily. The wild garlic season has ended here too, but there is plenty of stinging nettle about :0 )

    Thanks Rose.
    So lovely to hear from you.

    I know I got lucky with the little cake stand.

  10. These sound downright delicious! I find it tends to be easier to pipe things with a bigger tip or just slopping it on with a off-set spatula. The off-set is a god send. I also have lots of piping practice I need to do. It's always good to practice on a piece of parchment (you can reuse the frosting, just scoop back into the bag).

  11. Thank you so much Kirstin.
    I'll keep your tips in mind, as piping cream onto cakes is something I'll be doing a lot of in the future. I will be moving closer to family and will have plenty of excuse to practice.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You