Friday, 23 July 2010

A2K Pay It Forward

Last week I received a lovely parcel from Jee of Jee and Me. I love this feeling, it feels a bit a Birthday or Christmas when you get presents. Its such a joyful feeling of being spoiled. My gifts from Jee were these: a pretty hanging plaque with the words 'Sow with passion, grow with pride', a soap neatly wrapped in pink tissue paper,
with it I received a wonderful hand -made and hand-written card. In it Jee writes 'Tried to find things suitable for a cook/gardener! Soap comes from our local health food place and is supposed to be good for getting oniony/garlicky smells off hands'. Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift Jee.

Some of you may have aware of the background to 'Pay It Forward', others not so let me please share. I think the idea of Pay it Forward was started by fellow bloggers in the U.S.A. The parcels have always contained something linked to the orientation of the fellow blogger blog, for example gardening, cooking, craft and something local. This is then forwarded to a lucky recipient or recipients in some cases. The aim of the 'Pay it Forward' primarily is to spread a little kindness - gifts don't have to be expensive or elaborate, it's the thought that counts.

So if you would like to take part in my second Pay It Forward Giveaway, leave a comment with the words 'I'm in' after this post. Just remember, by entering this Pay it Forward you're agreeing to post about your parcel and hold a giveaway of your own. I will announce the name of the recipient on Saturday 7th August 2010.


  1. I'm in! What a nice idea this is.

  2. Wow...Did you know that my birthday is the week of August 7?: )

    I hope you are well and enjoy your presents!
    Your sesame broc, mushrooms and potatoes recipe was wonderful...

  3. I'M IN girl! What a fabulous idea and a fun way to spread some kindess! I love it!

  4. I'm In! That plaque is awesome and so perfect for you!

  5. This is such a cool idea! I've just found your blog today so I feel a little presumptuous, but I'd like to be in on the project if I can!

  6. So glad it's still going strong!

  7. Ooh I'd love to be in - 'I'm in'!! :-D I've got a postcard art type 'pay it forward' on my blog at the mo too! Great minds think alike!! Feel free to join in. rx

  8. This is fun, I'm definitely in :)


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You