Sunday, 15 May 2016

Tintagel, Holywell Bay Sunset, Vegetarian Cornish Pasty and Rodda's Clotted Cream Scones

Last week we returned from a lovely long week in Cornwall and as promised this week I will share lots of photographs.
It was my first time in Cornwall and it did not disappoint, even the sun rewarded us with good weather.  
First stop on route to our rented abode was a little village called Tintagel.
This medieval building was once Tintagel Old Post Office with a rather quaint cottage garden It is now managed by The National Trust of which we are members.  
D an myself also took a walk towards Tintagel Castle, but we did not go into it as my mother in law was left with a cup a tea at one of the cafe opposite this place Tintagel Toy Museum.  We wandered  back towards the streets and visited a couple of the local Craft fairs and picked up some Cornish Pasties (see above), mine was Cheese and Onion before driving towards out destination Cubert.
We had rented a static caravan with a balcony at a Holiday Park in Cubert (above cute salt and pepper shakers in the shape of caravans).  
 Our spacious caravan was called 'Beachcomber' offering all the creature comforts of home.  
A lovely welcoming touch by our hosts was opening the fridge and finding homemade scones, strawberry jam and clotted cream.  It took us no time to devour them.  D said this was the best clotted cream he has ever had in his life and the scones were light and fluffy too, that it had me yearning for more.
After checking in, we went into the village to check out every tourists essentials - the nearest shop, pub and 'chippy'!.  (Above) St Cubert Church.  
 Later in the evening, D and myself left his mother with her novel, whilst we took a drive out to explore Holywell Bay.  
We parked up and cut through the sand dunes to watch the sunset in Holywell Bay.  
It truly was stunning.  

I will share more pictures of it tomorrow, but this is my contribution for Sunday Snap hosted by JibberJabber UK for Sunday Snap; and My Sunday Photo hosted by One Dad 3 Girls.

27 comments:

  1. Wow that last sunset photo is stunning - I was lucky enough to get to cornwall years ago and loved it - would love to go back but it is so far from scotland. I really love those caravan salt shakers too (and am hoping to see some photos inside the caravan????)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. I don't have any pics of the inside to share, those that I have have my MIL in the picture, but if you click on this link and check out the one called Beachcomber, that is the one we stayed in. http://www.treworgansholidaypark.co.uk/holiday-homes/

      Delete
    2. looks like a great place to stay - I've only stayed in an onsite cabin once but would like to stay in them again

      Delete
  2. Beautiful collection of photos, Cornwall is my favourite place in the World
    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely time! I've never been to Cornwall, but hopefully one day I'll get there. I would really love to see the Tintagel Castle and have some authentic veggie pasties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go back as our trip to many of these places was fleeting and the weather on some days not so kind, as you will see from my post today. I hope you get a chance to go one day - you will x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures. I love Tintagel. I live close by to Roddas Creamery. Its the best clotted cream in the World! xx

    #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to make your acquaintance Rachel. Yes, I think I would have to agree with you about the clotted cream

      Delete
  5. I totally agree on the Clotted Cream - Cornish is best, and Rodda's is top of the league! I wonder what other local delicacies you tried... My family would want the fish and especially crab, but I suppose that wouldn't interest you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I had never had Cornish clotted cream and have to agree too. I didn't try many Cornish delicacies as you know I am veggie, but my husband is not - he was in his element and ate as much fish and seafood as he could, which wasn't much. I bought the Saffron Cake, but sadly when I got it home and checked the ingredients it was made with lard, so I gave it to my MIL to take back with her to Essex to share with friends. I ate a lot of chips, pasties and scones!!!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely place to visit. I would love to taste that clotted cream please! :) #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just that Cornish pasty alone had me wanting to visit! Gorgeous photographs, hope you had a nice trip! :) #sundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you, thank you - we are amateur photographers.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful pictures, I am so jealous! Pasties are my favourite things ever and I love love love those little S&P shakers! xx

    Laura @ www.wafflemama.uk from #ySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. The S&P shakers are cute for sure, and a girl can only eat so many veggie pasties!

      Delete
  9. Lovely photos and narrative. Glad to know you're keeping well and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much e. I have shared some more pics today, there are so many, so I am being selective.

      Delete
  10. Cornwall looks like such a beautiful place to visit!
    Their architecture is beautiful and those photos of the sunset you captured are a dream!<3

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adi, it really is and more enjoyable if you are adventurous soul and loves surfing, I am adventurous but not a surfer person. The sunset was stunning.

      Delete
  11. What a wonderfully quaint place to explore! Your photos look so serene and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Betty. I wish we had more time to relax, but as tourists we were rushing - next time will be more relaxing for sure

      Delete
  12. Havent been there yet and now I feel the need to go =) #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do pixiedusk, thank you so much for coming by and your comment is really appreciated.

      Delete
  13. I loved going to that part of Cornwall. As a lover of post boxes the old post office has a nice Victorian post box built into its wall.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You