Tuesday, 17 May 2016

The Mousehole, Minack and Lands End, Cornwall

Next on our Cornwall holiday, we went to a beautiful little place called Mousehole.
Mousehole was perhaps the most postcard picturesque fishing village that we had visited whilst in Cornwall, it was stunning - made even more inviting by the sunshine that came out to welcome us and warm our skins. Mousehole is located on the south coast of Cornwall between Penzance and Lands End.  
You would be forgiven if you thought this was an Independent Cafeteria, but its actually a little shop that sells nick nacks to tourists.  For me this was the most delightful and colourful store on the harbour.  
Here are some big mugs, many food themed.  
I loved these mats of sorts.




Piran Pirate Boat

Next it was onto Minack Theatre.  
Minack Outdoor Theatre is unique in that is it perched high on the cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.  Click here to link to its Webcam to see Minack Theatre
By the time we drove up one of the steepest single road hills - cliffs ever, there was a long cue of people waiting to go in, we were not one of them.  
Instead, we just took a little wander and marvelled at the amazing blueness of the Ocean, it really was quite magical.  Then we got back in the car and headed for our final destination for the day - Lands End.
Lands End is mainland Britain's most south westerly point.

I liked this Wreckreation Area for big and small kids.
The Cornish Pasty - How it All Began - In case you were wondering.

8 comments:

  1. It is such a beautiful part of our country isn't it. Glad you got to explore and see lots. I would love to go to the Minack theatre one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, that had been part of our plan - a play at Minack Theatre, but not this time - hopefully there will be a next time

      Delete
  2. So pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in my home County, we are so lucky to have been born and lived here all our lives. Hopefully you will come back to visit again sometime. Love your blog, long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy, yes indeed lucky to be both born and living there. I do hope to return to Cornwall again and thank you so much for your warm comment about my blog, very very kind of you.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful pictures - and I've never been to Mousehold. I love Cornwall though and there is so much more for me to visit and explore in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari - it mostly my husbands pictures, but some of them are mine. Mousehole - I totally recommend it on a sunny day though!!! Your right so much more to visit. I sadly did not get round to going the some places on my Cornwall wish list, so I am hoping to go back some day again

      Delete
  4. A place I would love to visit, especially the sea side. Thanks for taking me along, Shaheen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you e. I am not a seaside, sun or sand person, I like going there when nobody is there - but it was nice to visit.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You