Wednesday, 18 May 2016

The Eden Project, Cornwall

A glimpse of some the things I saw when I went to The Eden Project in Cornwall early this month.

No not the Terminators cousin but WEEE Man.  
 WEEE man is a giant man waste sculpture made of household waste.
The Giant Bee.

The beginnings of a Global Allotment 
I seemed to have missed the Eve living sculpture made from plants and earth  on our wanders which is created by the same people who made the Sleeping Mermaid and Giants Head at the Lost Gardens of Heligan.  I was really disappointed about this, as I did not get to visit The Lost Gardens of Heligan which was high on my list of things to do in Cornwall, but I am hoping to return to Cornwall for D once again.
Anyway, now it was time to go inside the Tropical Biome and be transported to the rain forest.
  Not sure what this pretty bird was but is wasn't alone scurrying along with its little family.
Ah the lovely people at the Eden ProjectMediterranean Biome have just notified me via a Tweet that these are Roul Roul - a Crested Wood Partridge.  Thank you.  

 Some Shamanic Wall Paintings that caught our eye.

It was really hot and rather steamy in the Rain forest Biome and difficult to to pictures.
So we were all glad to leave the Tropical Biome in favour of the Mediterranean Biome which as you can imagine was much cooler in temperature.

Handsome piglet made from recycled cork.

And a cheeky, yet bold robin on the citrus grove. 

The Rites of Dionysus Sculpture.

 On a personal note, I loved these diverse dolls which were in the Interactive Core Building. 
The Core Building from the outside looks like a stage piece from Game of Thrones.  Inside though it  houses a A Superfood Cafe which was closed until the summer, but there were some exhibits on display that interested us. 

It was time to call it a day. I spent a few minutes in the Eden Project shop and came back with a couple of things, see here - before heading back to the caravan.
If you want to learn more about the Eden Project, follow this LINK.


  1. It is a wonderful place to visit isn't it!

    1. Thank you Amy, it really is - I could have spent the whole day there.

  2. I've really enjoyed reading about your holiday. It brought back lots of memories. When I was nineteen in the late 1980's myself and a friend jumped on a coach from Manchester to Cornwall. We managed to find work in a hotel when we got there and had a great summer with lots of adventures. I can't believe I've never been back!

    1. Thank you, I still have a few more pics to share. I am so glad it brought back good memories for you. You should go back, I am sure things have changed since your last visit.

  3. I'm so glad you have so enjoyed your visit to Cornwall. I lived down in West Cornwall for over 30 years and am always going back to visit. You have been to all the very best places. I have family in Newlyn and Penzance and was there during the building of the Eden Project and went many times, to be taken round on a tractor, wearing hats and seeing how they were getting on with the progress. It is such an amazing place. I have loved reading of your visit. Thank you. Ann x

    1. Thank you so much Ann. Its really lovely to hear from you. Wow, its amazing that you actually got to see Eden project evolve to what it is now, its keeps changing though and thats not just the seasons.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You