Monday, 30 May 2016

Some Kernow - Cornish Eats

Okay, I am finishing off my Cornish holiday photographs with some eats.
I hope you have enjoyed me sharing them, as much as I enjoyed being there. I hope to return one day, when I do now know, but I know I will.  Thank you so much Cornwall. 

The first vegetarian Cornish pasty of many.


I was so pleased to find more vegetarian choice in relation to the Cornish Pasty, as I was dreading eating way too many Cheese and Onion ones.  There was also Spinach and Ricotta, Spicy Vegetable, Broccoli, cheese and Sweetcorn, Cheese and mushroom and of course a Vegetable Pasty.
Plenty of Cornish scones with clotted cream and jam


Plenty of coffee, tea and lattes...I totally loved the fact that all the coffee shops were local and Independent.  It really was so refreshing not so see the High Street Coffee Chain Shops dominating the villages and small towns. 
There other thing about them, they were all just so original, not copy cat. 
I wanted to pick up some Cornish Fairing at The Eden Project, but didn't...
And these Clotted Cream Shortbread Fingers looked good too, but I walked on by.
 I did pick up some Cornish Sea Salt Co. Original Sea Pepper, but as you can see there was also lots of Cornish Sea Salt flavours.
Cornish Orchard drinks. 
I was so excited to find The Raw Chocolate Pie shop in St Ives.  
Some Salted Caramel fudge and Clotted Cream fudge from Roskillys.  
On impulse, I picked up some Cornish Saffron Bread, but sadly when I got back to the caravan, D pointed out that it contained lard.  I guess I will have to make some then.  

Okay some actual eats while we were out and I might as well add, I ate nothing traditionally Cornish.  Although I missed out on eating at vegetarian and vegan eateries, I did eat well.  

On Sunday we went to a rather lovely pub not far from where we were staying in Cubert called the Treguth Inn.  I had the Vegetarian Roast with homemade Nut roast, which I really really liked.  Although it was a little nippy inside, the staff genuine warmth was lovely and I totally recommend it.  D and myself walked there and back to our caravan one evening and . We also went to The Smugglers Den which was also pretty good. 
As I had missed out on eating at vegetarian eateries, D took me to The Beached Lamb Cafe, not a vegetarian or vegan eatery, but it catered for vegans and vegetarians.  
It was nice and bright inside and the service was good.


I had vegetarian Chilli Bean with Nachos.
D had the Super Salad - chickpeas, beetroot green leaves, tomato, red onion, hummus and avocado. 
And we shared the Peanut Butter milkshake.  Now that was really nice. I can't remember the last time I had a milkshake out!?
Finally, my traditional Cornish Recipes Book. 

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful holiday and I enjoyed all of your photos and comments. I hope you get to return one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much e. Means a lot and I have really appreciated your comments, I know sharing holiday pictures can be a bit much for some readers.

      Delete
  2. Great photos and such lovely food - I really need a holiday to cornwall - just love pasties and love hearing the variety you had - also that nut roast looks so good - I have just had a look through your cornish posts and really loved them but my internet is quite slow so even typing this comment is a slow going (but I can say that I chuckled at the start of your St Ives post and also interested to see the sgaia meat products at the Bristol festival because I was fascinated by them in Edinburgh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. It was a good holiday and I do hope to return one day and maybe meet up with Choclette (missed out this time because of MIL being with us), so pleased you have caught up with my previous Cornwall reads - yes picture heavy indeed.

      Delete
  3. You have certainly inspired me to plan another trip to Cornwall! I'm glad you had a good break and that you found such a great selection of food items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari. I hope so and i hope your visit is not too far away!

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You