Thursday, 28 April 2011

Baked Beans with Wild Garlic

This recipe was made in jest - a prod at my husband for making fun of me for making so many Wild Garlic recipes this week.  So please just take it for what it is, with a pinch of humour.

I've written before of my fondness of  breakfasts and brunches from my childhood. Tamarind Chickpeas or Spicy Baked Beans being one of them; and this is when I thought I'd give a tin of baked beans the Wild Garlic treatment.  D was laughing at my idea, but I didn't see him laughing when he was tucking into them. 
Baked Beans with Wild Garlic
Serves 2
1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
Optional pinch of chilli flakes or chilli powder
1 tablespoon wild garlic, washed and minced
1 x 400g tinned baked beans
Heat the olive oil or butter in a pan, add the chilli and the wild garlic, let it simmer for a couple of minutes for the flavours to infuse, then pour in the baked beans, heat and serve immediately on toast or jacket potatoes.


  1. Just have to say : 'I love your blog and recipes'. It's possible that I said it before, but hey ho, you deserve praise. :-)

  2. Now, that is what I call upscaling :))
    I will certainly try this [hopefully I will get some wild garlic, our season is more or less over:( ]

  3. Thank you so much Patricia.
    Means a lot L)
    I have been wondering whether I've been overdoing the Wild Garlic recipes recently, and your comment has made me feel better about it.

  4. Thank you Torwen.
    Tomorrow will be my last Wild Garlic post of the year, I think some of my readers are keeping away because of the wiff of it on my blog recently. The Wild Garlic here has just begun to flower.

  5. Mangocheeks, I love the way you take a seasonal ingredient and run with it :o))
    I have no wild garlic available where I live in Belgium, but as our plan is to move to Ireland (again) in the future, I will surely come back to these recipes and try them out.

    Btw, you can use the flowers in cooking too.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You