Wednesday, 18 February 2009

Rosehip syrup

Even though I think I am competent in my recognition and knowledge of different fruit and vegetables from the UK and from around the world, I am not completely confident when it comes to identifying and picking wild food from Mother nature. This is something I would like to develop. Maybe this autumn I will actually go on one of these wild mushroom hunts in some Scottish forest and learn to identity fresh morels and chanterelles. but this is not about mushrooms, its about rosehip.

What counts as rosehip? I saw a bottle at Grassroots: a vegetarian health store in Glasgow and it cost about £3.50 for a tiny bottle. Surely I can make the syrup at home for a fraction of the price, if I only knew for certain what rosehip looked like. After all the last thing I want to do is poison myself. I feel I still have so much to do, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You