Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Roasted artichokes, potatoes with lemon and coriander

As you know I dug a load of jerusalem artichokes from my plot this weekend, about 2kg. Now we have to eat them. I for one am not looking forward to the after effects. You know why? Flatulence!

Anyway, onto cooking - I remember watching Neneh and Andi Dish up were they made a Nigel Slater recipe that included lemons with jerusalem artichokes. I could not find the recipe. So I decided to experiment with the same combination, but with a few added extra ingredients. The result was actually quite good. I call it Roasted artichokes, potatoes with lemons and coriander.
Serves 2 - 4
Ingredients
2 tablespoons of olive oil
250g desiree or other roasting type of potato, peeled and cut into wedges
250g Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and sliced length way in half
6 cloves of garlic, kept in its skin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 unwaxed lemon, sliced into rounds
40g black olives, pitted and cut in half
4 tablespoons of coriander, roughly chopped

Method
Preheat oven to gas mark 6

Put the potatoes in a large roasting oven dish with the olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.

Then add artichokes, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Return to the oven for 20 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the artichokes as they will disintegrate.

After 20 minutes, add the black olive halves, mix and bake for a further 10 minutes.

Remove from the oven and stir in chopped coriander. Serve.

I don't know what would have been a good accompaniment with the dish, as we ate them as is. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You