Sunday, 3 July 2016

Violet Coconut Bars

Today I thought I would share some of my Naked Violet Coconut Bars too - Is it a fudge, is it a 'Bounty' bar, is it a cake....it indeed is a sweet treat. 
These are just a variation of my Coconut Ladoos aka Bliss Balls from last month generously coated in edible violet crystals.    As Dr Oetker have confirmed that the violet crystals are suitable for vegans, I have decided to share these with Healthy Vegan Fridays hosted by Rock My Vegan Socks and V Nutrition; and Tea Time Treats hosted by Hedgecombers and Lavender and Lovage.
I also want to share something amazing whilst we were gardening today.  A swarm of bees elegantly, yet loudly buzzed over us on their way somewhere, it was a little thrilling, exciting and a little magical. 
It is with this reason, that I am sharing this picture once again on my blog.  D my husband took a while back.  It a fuzzy bee bumbling and buzzing in our garden around a purple allium.  I am also sharing it with My Sunday Photo hosted by One Dad 3 Girls.

Naked Violet Coconut Bars
You will need some silicon moulds
Makes Lots 
Ingredients
4 tablespoons violet crystals
180g dessicated coconut
125g coconut flour
2 teaspoons Violet Syrup or vanilla
4 tablespoons maple syrup or agave syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
170g coconut oil 
Method
Scatter the violet crystals at the bottom of each silicon mould.
Then blitz all the remaining ingredients in a blender.
Then transfer the filling evenly between the mould, presing with a back of a spoon until all of the mixture is used.
Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Carefully unmould to reveal a pretty purple topped coconut bar.  

As a member of Suma Bloggers Network, I will receive a selection of complimentary products every two months to use in recipe development and blog original recipes for the Network. 


32 comments:

  1. yum i love your coconut violet bars. so pretty too. and what a lovely bee. so golden and fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word they look so pretty and totally capture the day! We've been in the garden too and there's so much purple and violet. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your violet coconut bars are so pretty! I bet they taste great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bars are beautiful and the top photo is mighty impressive - enjoy the sunshine and the garden! BTW we don't get bumblebees in Australia so they have seemed really cute when I see them in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. I am quite surprised to learn that you don't get bumblebees, I can't imagine not having them in the garden.

      Delete
  5. Ooo they look yummy, I love the purple on top

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful photograph of the bee on the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bee photo is stunning and violet coconut bars look and sound amazing!

    #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so pretty...they look like they belong at a wedding...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, maybe next time I should do heart shaped lie these http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/raw-beetroot-coconut-halwa-heart-fudge.html

      Delete
  9. What a lovely idea, I've only ever seen violet in those horrid sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't mind those horrid sweets, a bit of nostalgia for me.

      Delete
  10. Love the bars and the bee shot too #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good to me, I love the taste of toilet but rarely use it - I think it's a perfect match for coconut! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOh I think auto correct messed you here - I know what you mean, thanks x

      Delete
    2. Whoops! That has made me laugh sooooooo much! Voilet, Voilet, Voilet!

      Delete
    3. Imagine if that happened to me with my blog header!

      :)

      Delete
  12. Wow! These are so much prettier than a Bounty Bar! I love the violet crystals.
    And that picture of the bumblebee is gorgeous! Your husband got an amazing take.
    Thank you so much for sharing these delectable bites at Healthy Vegan Fridays! I'm pinning & sharing.
    I hope you are having a great week =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I first saw these on the HVF linkup I wondered what they were as they seemed too pretty to be food! I don't know that I've eaten any violet foods before. You have been opening my eyes to lots of new tasty treats!

    And that little bumblebee is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love anything with coconut as I grew up in a tropical country and this one looks lush! #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the recipe, I have to make these, coconut and violet are my two favourite flavours. Although I would probably just eat the violet sprinkles from the tub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy, no you have to use the violet for sprinkling!

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You