Thursday, 7 July 2016

Buckwheat Soba Noodles Drowning in Miso and Greens

This is just a variation of my popular Miso Bowl with Green Vegetables.  

I decided to make more of a meal of it, simply by stirring in some buckwheat noodles.  
It reminds me a little of of Bibimbap, a bowl that you mess up. This one though, I will let you slurp.


Buckwheat Soba Noodles in Miso with Green Vegetables Serves 4
Ingredients
5g sea vegetables, rehydrated in water
600ml water
2 tablespoons miso paste
1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce
160g asparagus spears (or sea asparagus - samphire), sliced in three
120g edamame beans, soy beans, broad beans and peas
Optional: chopped spring onions and for garnish coriander
Soba noodles, cooked according to packet instructions, set aside
Method
In a pan, boil the water.  When it begins to boil, stir in the miso paste that has been diluted to a thick paste.
Stir in the soy sauce, and asparagus and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Stir in the beans and simmer for two minutes along with the sea vegetables that have been drained.  
Turn of the heat.
Ladle between 4 bowls, garnish with optional sliced spring onions and coriander.
Serve immediately

I am sharing this with Tinned Tomatoes and Pasta Please hosted by Thinly Spread .

2 comments:

  1. Oh sounds delicious! I love noodle bowls and this one sound lovely and comforting =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimmy, I am not a huge fan of noodles, but I am trying more and more these days.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You