Saturday, 23 July 2016

Cold Minted Pasta Salad

I hope your having a good weekend.  We went to Hay on Wye for the day today and got back an hour or so ago, so I won't stay blogging much tonight as I want to make the most of the warm bright evening.  
Instead I leave you with this this cold pasta salad that I made last month.  I made  it around the same time as the vegan summer sushi



I had some vegetables left over from the vegan Sushi and chopped it up, along with some tomatoes and fresh mint from the garden and made this very simple cold Pasta Salad. 
I know its nothing special, but it made for a good and filling lunch for work and it was a good way to use up left over vegetables.  I am sharing this with a Kitchen Clearout hosted by Madhouse Family Reviews.

12 comments:

  1. Nothing special? How about beautiful, fresh and something I would enjoy after a hot day...Hope you are well and enjoying summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much e.
      It is much cooler today.

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious and cool....

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely refreshing summer salad! Perfect for dining out in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks perfect for the hot weather when you want something light that requires minimum effort. I have a huge mint plant on the patio and need new ways of using it so this is on my list of bookmarked recipes to try. Thanks for linking up with #KitchenClearout :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheryl. its a pleasure to join in too.

      Delete
  5. It looks really good! I love the idea of fresh mint in it, I've been seeing it at the farmer's market and trying to think of ways to use it up before buying a big bunch. I also really like the veggie to pasta ratio as I find most pasta salads are basically just noodles ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should totally get some fresh mint, make a dip or pesto. I agree about ratio of pasta, shop bought ones are often very stodgy too.

      Delete
  6. This month's round-up/new linky post has just gone live, if you have anything else to link up :) : http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2016/08/kitchenclearout-julyaugust-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Cheryl for the warm welcome, I will indeed link up.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You