Friday, 8 July 2016

Easy Vegan Pulled Jackfruit 'Pork Quesadillas

I made these easy vegan pulled Jackfruit 'pork' Quesadillas after work one evening when we had hardly any fresh vegetables in the house. 

I had some tortilla wraps left over that we ended up using for some of the Somalian Fava Bean dish, I had thought about making some vegetarian cheesy Quesadilla's, a back up lazy hunger pang filler, but then I remembered my stash of tinned Jackfruit.
At the same time  I remembered a fellow blogger mentioning on one of my previous Jackfruit posts had I tried it in taco's or Mexican food.   I had not, so it got me thinking.  Quesadillas are not hard to make, its really the filling that is the part that needs the most focus and once that is done, well your ready to make Jumping Jackfruit in a flash! 
 For this particular Quesadilla filling I decided to adapt a vegan chorizo, potato and thyme quesadilla recipe and the BBQ pulled Jackfruit and this is what we ended up eating with a side of leafy greens and tomatoes.  

Jackfruit is fast becoming one of D's favourite dishes as he exclaimed 'Ah this is one of my faovurite dishes, I could just eat it from the bowl' taking a mouthful. 



If you want the recipe for my Easy vegan Pulled Jackfruit 'Pork' Quesadillas, then let me know.  
 I am sharing this with Healthy Vegan Fridays hosted by the beautiful Rock My Vegan Socks and V Nutrition 

10 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting meal - I'd be interested to see the recipe - still not bought any jackfruit but this looks like the sort of way I would like to try it - one of these days.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be making another dish soon with Jackfruit, one that is more traditional too.

      Delete
  2. Pulled jackfruit again! That looks so great, I really need to buy jackfruit asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find some, its def. the ingredient of 2016

      Delete
  3. I love seeing all your jackfruit recipes. Thee quesadillas sound wonderful and have extra appeal as pretty much anything in a quesadilla goes down well with Mr Bite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari, I am hoping to make a more traditional dish soon with Jackfruit.

      Delete
  4. I've only had jackfruit once or twice but it was tasty. This looks so good, what a great way to use it!

    We always love having you link up with us for #HealthyVeganFridays! I’m Pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #HealthyVeganFridays is one of my fave linkys to join in, I am quite selective these days :)

      Delete
  5. I would like to see the recipe!
    I've had jackfruit in meals at restaurants before and it's really good! But when I try to make it myself, it's just ok. So I would like your recipe =)
    Thanks for sharing at Healthy Vegan Fridays. I'm pinning & sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll type it up and share it son. Thanks.
      I hope to join in again, its one of my favourite events to participate in, as I truly see some original recipes.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You