Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Za'atar Crusty Crunchy Creamy Butter Beans

I know I am hitting you with them, but here is another bookmarked recipe. I saw these Giant Crusty Creamy White Beans on Maple Spices blog a few years back, 2009 to be more precise and at the time I did not have Heidi Swanson's book 'Super Natural Cooking'.   At that time I used to write and comment under my pseudonym Mangocheeks, but have since revealed my real name.  Anyway, Debbie's blog was one of the first vegan blogs that I raved about  on my blog and still continue to this day. If your not familiar with Maple Spice, then please do go by and check it out.

Well it may have taken me almost 6 years to make, but I have finally got round to making these Crusty Crunchy Creamy White Beans (thanks to soaking way too much butter beans for the Turmeric Butter Beans with dill and garlic recipe) and it was worth doing.  The butter beans were crusty and crunchy on the outside, soft like mashed potato on the inside.  I couldn't help picking hem out of the pan warm.  
I know I have coated them with Zaatar here, but it could have easily have been Smoked Paprika; Sumac or even (smoked) sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.  

I followed the first part of the recipe in the cookbook (recipe can be found here). but stopped when it came to stirring in the garlic, onions and chard.  This is where I took it off the heat and scattered over some Za'atar herb blend.  Adapted from Heidi Swanson Super Natural Cooking.  I am sharing this with Tinned Tomatoes for Bookmarked Recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You