Saturday, 6 June 2015

Asparagus, Tomato and Mozzarella Easy Tart

Over the past week, we have had this Asparagus, Tomato and Mozzarella Tart three times, honest three times  in one week. 
When we know we are going to have a busy week ahead of us, I tend to cook big pots over the weekend that will last us three days at least, but if I am working weekend then this is not always possible,  So we sometimes pick up stand by ingredients that would be easy to put together for a light and quick evening meal.  In the fridge we have had fresh British grown baby Roma cherry tomatoes, seasonal asparagus spears and balls of fresh mozzarella, as well as ready rolled puff pastry, so an easy to cook and eat tart has been on the menu.  
I wold have varied the topping, but D loved the first tart so much, that he requested it again and again. The tomatoes were proper red and bursting with flavour, the asparagus retained their bite and the mozzarella made this tart feel like a healthy pizza. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh! That looks so tasty! Whenever I look at your blog I have to go shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so kind Belinda, but this one is worth keeping in mind for easy meals.

      Delete
    2. That's tonight's dinner! Hooray!

      Delete
  2. I really love these kind of tarts nd tend to make them quite often, especially in the summer. I agree that your choice of veg was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ready to roll in the fridge. Gosh this looks delicious!! I note on tweets you are making the Rhubarb Puy Lentil curry...a favourite here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda :0 ) I know your a fan of the Rhubarb Puy Lentil Curry, I was reading over the comments, saw yours - made me smile and was reminded of it.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow that looks and sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is simple, but if you have good ingredients, it makes all the difference,

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You