Friday, 5 June 2015

Mildred's Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies

So when I won Mildred's Cookbook  a couple of weeks ago, I knew exactly what I wanted to make first - the Lapsang Scented Mushroom Stroganoff and it was made and thoroughly enjoyed.  Next was the Peanut Butter Brownies with Hot Chocolate Sauce, that was bookmarked for a later date.  

Well that day had come.  
I have to say that these are perhaps first vegan Brownies that I have liked.  These are squishy, rich and oh so chocolatey.  I don't think the peanut butter is necessary, but it does certainly add colour.  I also think these are much better a day or two later.  As I found it rich as it was, I decided not to make the accompanying hot chocolate sauce, but you can if you wish.
If you are tempted to try these in your own home, then you will have to get your mitts on Mildreds The Cookbook.  And if you  cannot wait, then here is a link to the full recipe on-line, with the hot chocolate sauce. I  am sharing this recipe with Bookmarked Recipes hosted by Tinned Tomatoes. You may be interested to note that my fellow blogger Lisa over at We Don't Eat Anything With a Face has recently done a review of the book and if your quick you can also enter the give-away to win a copy of Mildred's The Cook book.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I also made the brownies and totally agree that they're the best vegan brownies ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome and glad you agree too.

      Delete
  2. These look good but seem a bit complicated...will try them when have two hands. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi e, yeah the recipe does involve a bit of work, but worth it if your vegan and haven't had a decent brownie in a while. I am fine. What has happened to you hand, coming on over to learn more.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You