Saturday, 14 February 2015

Vegan Valentines Welshcakes and Other Heart Shaped Edibles

A little blog post today showcasing some heart shaped edibles for St Valentines Day, many of which were made in the past six  months.   
These heart shaped vegan Valentines Welsh Cakes  are based on the same  recipe that I made for St Dwynwen's Day - Wales Patron Saint of Love and Lovers.  St  Dwynwen's Day is celebrated on the January 25th, follow this link for the vegan Welsh cake recipe. 
These Rose and Almond 'Heart' Cakes were very popular last year, I have been asked to make some more.  
 Raw Beetroot Coconut Halwa 'Heart' Fudge (vegan) - one of my favourites!
Red Velvet Raw Beetroot 'Bounty' Bars (vegan)
And finally Rhubarb and Custard Cream Cheese 'Heart' Bars (vegetarian).  And if that was not enough, here is a link to past heart shaped edibles, some sweet, some savoury, some vegan and some vegetarian!

I am sharing the Vegan Valentine Welshcakes with Treat Petite Event Love is in the Air hosted by The Baking Explorer and Cakeyboi.

18 comments:

  1. Happy Hearts Day to you and D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you e. Hope your feeling better.

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day, Shaheen.
    These sweets look delicious.
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chandra.
      Happy Valentines to you and your sweetheart too.

      Delete
  3. They all look lovely! I'm gonna give Rose Almond Cakes a try. Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily.
      Hope you had a good day too.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, all those heart-felt lovely foodie bites, Shaheen! I just MUST try some. Lx And a big thank you for my Lava bread - more about which later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne and you are so welcome, I am glad you finally got it. Sorry for the delay, I found another tin in the cupboards, so we will both be cooking with it soon.

      Delete
  5. I still like the look of those Welsh cakes! Yum, you're so clever.

    ps. we went to Cardiff last week, sorry I didn't get in touch to see if you were about, I had a stinking cold and was really grumpy company! Next time maybe xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie.
      No worries, I hope your feeling much better and enjoyed your time in the city, I will be going there in a couple of weeks time for work - if I have time, I may mooch about.

      Delete
  6. What a great selection of ideas! The Welsh Cakes look perfect. Please can you add the new Treat Petite logo to the post? Thanks for entering into Treat Petite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat.
      I thought I had, then noted it was the old one - replaced with the new one now.

      Delete
  7. great swag of heart shaped treats - I think that I was too distracted to do much with my heart shaped cutter this year but it is always fun to see what you come up with

    ReplyDelete
  8. where do these ideas keep coming from? Always something new and inspiring at A2K! I particularly like the look of the Beetroot bounty bars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic. Your so kind, actually I am out of inspiration these days, so the little that does come my way I try my best. I love the Beetroot Bounty Bars too.

      Delete
  9. Somehow heart-shaped food always looks so much more special! I used to cut heart shaped sandwiches for my daughter! The Welshcakes and rhubarb & custard bars look particularly tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate.
      Your daughter must smile big time when she opens her lunchbox to find heart shaped sandwiches

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You