Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Introducing The Vegetable Palette - New Vegetarian Food Blogging Challenge

'Each season has a palette of colours associated with it, and if you eat by colour by seasons you will naturally be giving your body what is needs, at that time of year

I think you will agree with me when I say that colour is perhaps the most important factor we judge our food by, well before smell and  taste.  So it is with this in mind that I have decided to launch a new monthly  food blogging challenge called The Vegetable Palette: natures colours - natures goodness.  The idea behind 'The Vegetable Palette' is to make something with either a fruit, vegetable or combination of both each month.  You can make absolutely anything that you wish - sweet or savoury -  from a soup, a salad dish, a smoothie, a juice, a stew, a hot pot, a curry, a pie, a pasta dish, cookies or even a cake  - absolutely anything, so long as the recipe is vegetarian and includes a vegetable/and or fruit with the chosen colour.  

I know that I've only just set up #EatYourGreens Challenge, but funnily enough The Vegetable Palette idea was also floating in my head, but had not quite formulated until I started talking to my husband about it and trying to come up with interesting names for the challenge.  I had Veg Colours, Colour Your Plate, Plateful of Colour, Eat Colour, Colour Me Veg and then he said why not 'The Vegetable Palette'.  Perfect I thought.  The Vegetable Palette will compliment the Eat Your Greens challenge which was launched last month and has already proven to be a big hit with many fellow bloggers who have shared their green eats.  I do hope some of you will support and join in this new and exciting vegetarian food blogging challenge.  Thanking you all in advance.

This months (July) challenge is SUMMER REDS.
 Think strawberry, raspberry, red currants, cherries...
 watermelon, tomatoes...
... chilli, red peppers and much more.

How to participate in The Vegetable Palette:
1. The submitted recipe has to be 100% vegetarian.   Vegan entries are also welcome.
2. Post your recipe on your blog.  Please make sure that you have permission to use any photographs that are not your own.
3. Old entries are accepted, so long as they are re-posted in the month of the challenge.
4.  Mention 'The Vegetable Palette'  in your post and link back to A2K - A Seasonal Veg Table.  
5.  As this is a new vegetarian  food blog challenge, your support in helping me to promote it would be most appreciated.  Therefore, I would ask and really appreciate it if you would use the logo designed for 'The Vegetable Palette' challenge.

6. Email the link to your submission (only one per month please) and include: your name, the name of your blog, your recipe title (and a photograph no bigger than 640 x 480 pixels ) to allotment2kitchen@hotmail.co.uk 
7.  Entries should be submitted no later than midnight of the 25th of the month.
8.  The round up of the entries will be posted on or before the last day of the month.
9.  The new challenge will be hosted on the 1st of the month.
10. If you TWEET, please use #VegetablePalette #vegetablepalette and include @SeasonalShaheen and I will do my utmost to retweet all those that I see.


20 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great idea! I was actually thinking of doing something like this involving seasonal food and colors. Would love to participate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily :) Hope you do participate, I loved you entry for EatYourGreens. I look forward to it.

      Delete
  2. Shaheen,
    Great idea! I may not have anything to submit, but I sure look forward to looking at the 'winners'. Have fun!

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is okay Chandra, you can look and admire.

      Delete
  3. Oh what fun, you have been busy with this and Eat Your Greens, I will join in with something at some point. I saw a beautiful display of purple peppers newly arrived in Morrisons last week. Take care, Sally x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owe you an e mail . You are on my mind . I hope to write on Sunday. Purple peppers eh, I will look out for them.

      Delete
  4. Great challenge. I have emailed my entry over to you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, I have received it and will be over tomorrow. thank you so so much for participating and sharing, so pleased. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. This is a great idea for a challenge, I've emailed my post for this month and look forward to seeing what colour we have next month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Jane. I will check my e mail later and come on by :)

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous idea - I love it! I can't wait to see all the red recipe creations. I''ll email you my post :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine. Love your entry!

      Delete
  7. Just noticed this post (I had seen you had another event and wondered if it was new) Sounds like an interesting challenge though I am not sure about "summer" reds as it is so cold now I can't think of summery meals. But will think about if I have ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did not think about friends in other parts of the world where the season is different, I will take this into consideration next month (sorry). If it helps I am accepting entries made with tinned tomatoes, forzen red berries will also be accepted! I would have said dried chillies too, but I know your feelings towards ... :) Hope you can participate, no worries if not. x

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful idea! I'll definitely participate :) x Juliane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Received. Thank you Jacqueline.

      Delete
  10. Hi Shaheen. Great idea! I am adding my Simple, Intense Roast Tomato Soup with Maftoul and will send an email just now.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You