'Each season has a palette of colours associated with it, and if you eat by colour by seasons you will naturally be giving your body what is needs, at that time of year'
I think you will agree with me when I say that colour is perhaps the most important factor we judge our food by, well before smell and taste. So it is with this in mind that I have decided to launch a new monthly food blogging challenge called The Vegetable Palette: natures colours - natures goodness. The idea behind 'The Vegetable Palette' is to make something with either a fruit, vegetable or combination of both each month. You can make absolutely anything that you wish - sweet or savoury - from a soup, a salad dish, a smoothie, a juice, a stew, a hot pot, a curry, a pie, a pasta dish, cookies or even a cake - absolutely anything, so long as the recipe is vegetarian and includes a vegetable/and or fruit with the chosen colour.
I know that I've only just set up #EatYourGreens Challenge, but funnily enough The Vegetable Palette idea was also floating in my head, but had not quite formulated until I started talking to my husband about it and trying to come up with interesting names for the challenge. I had Veg Colours, Colour Your Plate, Plateful of Colour, Eat Colour, Colour Me Veg and then he said why not 'The Vegetable Palette'. Perfect I thought. The Vegetable Palette will compliment the Eat Your Greens challenge which was launched last month and has already proven to be a big hit with many fellow bloggers who have shared their green eats. I do hope some of you will support and join in this new and exciting vegetarian food blogging challenge. Thanking you all in advance.
This months (July) challenge is SUMMER REDS.
How to participate in The Vegetable Palette:
1. The submitted recipe has to be 100% vegetarian. Vegan entries are also welcome.
2. Post your recipe on your blog. Please make sure that you have permission to use any photographs that are not your own.
3. Old entries are accepted, so long as they are re-posted in the month of the challenge.
4. Mention 'The Vegetable Palette' in your post and link back to A2K - A Seasonal Veg Table.
5. As this is a new vegetarian food blog challenge, your support in helping me to promote it would be most appreciated. Therefore, I would ask and really appreciate it if you would use the logo designed for 'The Vegetable Palette' challenge.
6. Email the link to your submission (only one per month please) and include: your name, the name of your blog, your recipe title (and a photograph no bigger than 640 x 480 pixels ) to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Entries should be submitted no later than midnight of the 25th of the month.
8. The round up of the entries will be posted on or before the last day of the month.
9. The new challenge will be hosted on the 1st of the month.
10. If you TWEET, please use #VegetablePalette #vegetablepalette and include @SeasonalShaheen and I will do my utmost to retweet all those that I see.