Thursday, 17 July 2014

Vegan Individual Upside Down Pineapple Cakes

Pretty Pineapple please, with cherry on top!

As much as I loved this cake (and making use of my neglected individual pineapple cake tin moulds), I think these sweet dense caramelised pineapple delights may be more suited for Autumnal and Wintry evenings, as they are more Steamed Pudding -  the kind of cake that screams for cream, albeit vegan cream.  
Still this did not stop me making it again, twice in one week and outside the weather was blazing. Best thing is, it can easily be reheated in the microwave for a couple of bursts. And no, before you ask, Did I eat them all?! Of course not, I am the sharing kind. 
I am sharing this with Jacqueline for this months edition of Bookmarked Recipes #35 The original recipe makes one big Upside Down Pineapple Cake, but I decided to make individual ones. Bookmarked from The Vegan Society find the original recipe here. 

Previously on A2K - A Seasonal Veg Table recipes with Pineapples.
Indonesian Pineapple Rice - June 2011
Pineapple, Ginger and Tofu Curry - July 2011

6 comments:

  1. So mouthwatering!<333

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Adi, they are very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I bet Graham would love that. I better bookmark this one lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jac. I will be making them again for sure. Tasty!!!

      Delete
  4. how cute are those individual cakes and cake tins - we always had a big upside down pineapple cake in my childhood but this is a great way to serve them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its just a shame I don't use them that often, must admit though not the easiest to clean, but def. worth having for effect.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen