Sunday, 6 July 2014

Spiced Coriander and Carrot Hummus

I've had a couple of busy days, so it was nice to finally have a lazy day.  With the sun shining ablaze, we decided to spend our day in Bristol.  Whilst D was driving towards Bristol, I put on my sunny shades to protect my eyes from the bright light and looked out of the car window towards the skies.  The skies were absolutely amazing, the blues vivid, but the white floaty clouds looked almost 3D and absolutely stunning. 

After walking around Bristol streets, spending some pounds here and there including on street food such as a: mezze that consisted of couscous, dolmas, hummus, olives, a red mildly spiced sauce and salad; vegetarian sausage rolls; and frozen blueberry and white chocolate yogurt.  

When we were coming back on the ferry boat from Brunels SS Great Britain visit, it was nice to watch people enjoying the sunshine and going about their day.   Many were sitting having a picnic of sorts ton the Quay, for example we spotted some women sipping champagne from fluted glasses evidently celebrating something, it made us both smile.   

When we got back home we were not feeling overly hungry. I made this simple Coriander and Carrot Hummus to enjoy with some decent crusty bread.  With the weather being so warm, I have been keeping most of my vegetables that ordinarily go straight into the vegetable wicker basket into the fridge.  I had forgotten about them, as they have been sitting at the bottom of my fridge for a few days now and now had to be used, and this was a good way to use up some of the carrots.   
Raggy Rani doll is peering over some orange tinged hummus that I have potted up to enjoy during the course of the week.  Its also good for making to take on a picnic whether that be the beach, park or Quay. Its also good to use in place of butter for work - lunch sandwiches or over rice cakes. 


Previously shared Hummus Recipes on my blog
Beetroot Hummus - February 2013
Wild Garlic Hummus April 2011 
Traditional Hummus January 2010 
I am sharing this mildly spiced Coriander and Carrot Hummus with Lavender and Lovage for Cooking with Herbs; and No Waste Food Challenge hosted this month by Annes Kitchen, an idea conceived by Elizabeths Kitchen Diary
For the Spiced Coriander and Carrot Hummus
Your will need
Ingredients
1 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
A couple of large carrot, peeled, sliced and lightly blanched - okay to keep raw too. 
Small handful of fresh coriander leaves,
Juice of a lemon
Olive oil
Tahini
Chilli or cayenne powder to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Method
In a food processor blend all the ingredients to taste.
Keep some chickpeas back to decorate the hummus.

8 comments:

  1. Carrot Hummus. Delicious!
    One can't go wrong with that.

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrot and coriander with hummus...a food marriage made in heaven! Love the dolly- I bought my daughter one of those when she was little, from Bishopston Trading (there used to be a branch in Glastonbury as wel as the Bristol one). She came with a sari and a little woven "bed"- so cute! Think she is still in the attic somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you re the hummus, we certainly are enjoying it while it lasts. Yeah she has lost her her original outfit. I hope you find the one you got for your daughter one day.

      Delete
  3. Hello Shaheen. Thank you so much for entering this month’s No Waste Food Challenge – your hummus looks delicious, definitely one I will by trying out, keep up the great work!

    Anne’s Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. I am looking forward to the round up.

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of hummus. I've been eating a lot more of it these days than I used to, but I never thought to put carrot in it! Love it! Love that doll too - I bought one for my eldest son from the Bishopston Trading Company about 12 years ago and he's still kicking around. Ajay is his name. :) Thanks for sharing with the no waste food challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, we certainly are having the weather for hummus style dips. I am glad you like the doll, I call her Raggy Rani, not sure what her real name is. Nice to know your son still has his Ajay kicking around somewhere, maybe he will make an appearance on your blog.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You