Monday, 14 July 2014

Red, Green and Yellow Vegetables

The strawberries are dwindling in my garden plot, but no worries as these are steadily being replaced by raspberries.  I have to admit though, the raspberries that I have popped into my gob in the last few days have not all been sweet, some tasting a tad watery.  Any advice from fellow gardeners as to why this may be the case would be most appreciated.
 Green from the broad beans and garden peas - both quite sweet straight from the pod. 
Yellow from the Golden Sweet Mangetout and the new potatoes that came from the pots.  These new potatoes are not much to boast about, but enough for an supper for 4, maybe 6 people with accompaniments.  These will be simply boiled, doused in either olive oil or butter, seasoned and then plonked onto the plate, next to something home-made, maybe a vegetable Quiche or Tarts of sorts. 
I am sharing this simple harvest post with Daphne Dandelions for Harvest Monday

6 comments:

  1. I like your style: new potatoes straight from the garden, boiled, buttered and plonked on the plate. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. Best treatment for home grown tatties :) Pretty plain and simple.

      Delete
  2. Very nice collection of fruits and veggies from your garden plot! Those raspberries look delicious.. I really need to plant some. Often when fruit tastes watered down it means they got too much water, which sometimes you can't do anything about if the weather gave you lots of rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie.
      The veg are coming slowly but surely, but I don't have masses. Nx year hopefully I will be more organised. I think you are right about the rain water affecting the taste. We have autumn ones growing too, I will see how they taste.

      Delete
  3. I think that potatoes are beautiful. I've never grown potatoes but I hear that they taste so much better than store bought - I really must make the space for them next year. And I've never seen yellow snow peas before - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret. Yes better than shop bought, but to be truthful, you don't really want to fill your ground with lots of tatties , when you can grow other veg. We've only grown them in pots this year. So pleased you like the yellow mangetout, the seeds were sent to me by a blogger friend.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You