Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Seedy Curly Kale Crisps


About a year ago, I came across a recipe on youtube for Curly Kale crisps. How could I resist , especially as I had a load of kale growing at my plot, and guess what they met my expectations, they were really moreish. Try it yourself.

All you have to do is remove the hard stalks, lightly coat the kale in olive oil and seasoning and lay them apart on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven, middle shelf for about 8 minutes.
Keep a close eye on the kale as it takes only a minute or so from being delightfully crispy to charred burnt.

I could not help tinkering with them just a little bit more and added some roasted sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds lightly seasoned with tamari.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Shaheen, I have grown kale in my garden and now need to make sure I eat it!! Will be trying this, and your polenta kale wedges soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bridget, so good to hear from you.
      Yes please do make sure you eat that kale in your garden, as this women will be a little mift with you as I am sad really that I don't have any. I hope you like these kale wedges if you get round to making them, i'll soon be making these kale chips too with different flavouring.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You