Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Allotment2Kitchen complete Seed List 2009

My seeds from the Organic Gardening catalogue arrived about a fortnight ago. Below is my complete seed list. Yes, I know there is quite a lot there, and I must admit I won't get round to planting them all, but I am happy in the knowledge that next year, I will have to spend less.

I have kept an allotment diary since 2007. My allotment diary keeps me informed what seeds need to be sown and what can be transplanted out. Without it I would be at all over the place. I also write down what had done well and what has not, so it's a good way to compare different seasons too.

BRASSICA
Cabbage
: Greyhound; Marner Early Red; Vertus, Minicole F1,Hispi F1, Pixie
Broccoli: Calabrese F1 Arcadia; Purple Sprouting Early, Sprouting White, 9 Star Perennial
Cauliflower: Snowball A, Romanesco natalino; Purple Cape, Violet Queen, Igloo
Kale: (Borecole) Dwarf Green Curled Kale, Redbor; Nero Di Toscana, Nero di toscano
Brussels Sprouts: Bedford Fillbasket; F1 Silverline, Rubine
PUMPKIN AND SQUASH
Courgette
: Albarello di Sarzana, Goldie; Rondo Di Nizza
Pumpkins: Blue Ballet; Golden Apple, Sweet Lightning Pumpkin
LEGUMES
Peas:
Cavalier; Ambassador
Runner Beans: Hestia; Scarlet Runner
Climbing French Beans: Neckar Gold; Blue Lake; Blauhilde,
Dwarf Beans: Dwarf Speedy, Ferrari, Purple Queen, Major
Broad Beans: Super Aquadulce, Masterpiece Green Longpod
ROOTS
Parsnips:
White Gem
Carrots: Kuttiger; Autumn King; Baby; Chatenay, Rainbow, Yellowstone,Purple Haze, Resistafly
Fennel: Finale
Beetroot: Barabietola di Chioggia; Golden Detroit, Golden
Kohlrabi: Olivia,
Turnip: Purple Top Milan
ALLIUMS
Onions:
Stutgart and Red Baron
Leeks: Prizetaker, Bandit; Pandora
Garlic
Shallots
Spring Onions: Red Beard
Radish: Bright Lights
LETTUCES, SALADS AND EDIBLE LEAVES
Chard:
Rainbow Chard, Bright Lights, White Silver 2
Marvel of four Seasons; Torale Ice Queen, Roxy; Paris Island Cos; Red Batvian; Veneziana; Rouge D’Hiver
Lollo Ross; Red Salad Bowl;
Salad Mix: Oriental Mix; Spicy Mix,
Strawberry Spinach
Good King Henry
Rocket
HERBS
Lovage; Dill; Garlic Chives, Chervil, Sorrel
Basil: Lemon; Dark Opal
COMPANION FLOWERS
Sunflower: Russian Mammoth; Autumn Beauty
Nastitium: Tall Mixed; Peach Melba
Dwarf Sweet Peas, Marigold and Calendula
GREENHOUSE
Tomatoes:
Gardeners Delight, Tigerella, Nectar; Ailsa Craig and Golden Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You