Saturday, 28 March 2009

Muddy leeks in the bag

Everything was looking well at the plot earlier. I admired my daffodils for awhile, then watered what needed to be watered and potted the tomato seedlings.
Then I pulled out some leeks from the ground. Wow the smell. These are Musselburgh leeks also known as the Scotch flag. I put them in a the bag and headed off home.
I must admit I have been feeling a little creative recently. So when I read that Fellow food blogger Julia who runs the inspirational and wonderful A Slice of Cherry Pie, on which every month she co hosts a competition with Scott of the Real Epicurean to come up with a recipe using seasonal ingredients. I must admit I was tempted.

The seasonal ingredient in the bag for March is leeks, along with eggs and cheese. How can I resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You